Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
craigryan
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodacom/Vodaphone

Accuweather App - Download problem

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I had downloaded the Accuweather Application on my previous phone, the Blackberry Bold 9700 and it worked fantastically. I have just upgraded my phone to a Blackberry Bold 9790 and the application did not transfer over to my new phone when I used the "restore" function on my Blackberry Desktop Software.

So I have searched for the Accuweather application in the Blackberry Application centre and couldn’t find it. So I went online and found the download URL for the application. However when I try and download the application from this site it gives me the message that "this app is not available for this model of phone". 

Can anyone suggest how I could get this application (Accuweather) installed on my new phone? It makes no sense that all the other model phones can download this app and my phone can’t.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Craig PR
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Accuweather App - Download problem

[ Edited ]

Hi Craigryan,

When we do take back then the data in media SD card and 3rd party apps not covers under the backup. If, you are changing the device, then you have to re-download the app in newerone.

But may be the app you are talking about is not compatible with the OS vesion of newer handheld that is why it is not showing in appworld as well.

So please wait till newer version of this app will be released by them (Upgardation of 3rd party app is not part of RIM).

Thanks..!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello craigryan,

If you are saying that Accuweather Application was Installed before your device upgrade and have had all your backup then you can try this :

Connect your device to BB Desktop Software > On desktop Software Click Application > Then you can see all  

your Application List before your Upgrade including Accuweather,  Select the Application you want to Transfer then

Click Apply.

And if your Accuweather apps. is an Paid Apps.and not able to get it then you can look at this Solved Thread :

Reinstalling Paid Apps.

Hope your problem solves.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,826
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't see the 9790 listed as supported for AccuWeather on the AppWorld list.

You could try another good free weather app... WeatherBug? BeWeather?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craigryan

That makes sense. Its definitely the fact that the model phone and operating system have not yet been made compatible by "Accuweather" company. I checked on their website and they list the models of compatible BB phones for the mobile app and mine (Bold 9790) is not listed.

Thanks for the help!

Craig PR
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craigryan

Thanks foe the response and assistance.

I found out that the application company has not yet made a compatible version of this app withy the BB Bold 9790 yet. Hence it not being listed under the available apps and on their website they list all the BB phones that are compatible and this phone is not. Hopefully this will change soon.

Peace

Craig PR
Please use plain text.
vanRobert
My Carrier: Telekom

Hi!

1.4.14 is now avaliable via BB app world!

Installed with success on my BB 9790 Bold.

Some minor prolems are detected: setting menu does not remember the settings...

But it WORKS

Robert

Please use plain text.