Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Activation Required on a BB Bold 9900

After some research, I believe the problem is most likely that many of the carriers have stopped pushing service books to these CDMA devices. I know it's the case with Vodacom and could very well be the case here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fmalgoire
My Device: Torch 9860

Hello,
I am trying to set up an additional email account on my BB so I go to Set up/email account and it is asking for my BB User and PW. When I enter them, I keep getting "unable to Log in to your BB ID account". I have changed the PW and waited but still no success. Please help.
Fred M.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

fmalgoire wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to set up an additional email account on my BB so I go to Set up/email account and it is asking for my BB User and PW. When I enter them, I keep getting "unable to Log in to your BB ID account". I have changed the PW and waited but still no success. Please help.
Fred M.

Have you logged in with that same BBID on the device before?  You can only log into the device with one BBID. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fmalgoire
My Device: Torch 9860

I believe I did but I cannot remember 100%, as it was a while ago. I also had to change my password at some point because I could not remember it. I have had 5 BBs in the past 8 years but I am having so many problems this time that it's the last time before a badly needed switch to another system. Anyway, sorry for sharing my problems and hope you have a solution.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

At this point I would make a full backup of the device and then do a security wipe. Once that is done, restore your backup and then attempt to log in with your bbid again.
Please use plain text.