Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ragnew
My Device: Bold 9900

Adding Outlook Web Access Email to 9900

Hi I used to have my Microsoft Outlook Web Access email on my Blackberry.  Now that i upgraded to the 9900 i cant figure out how to get it.  I was following KB03133, however i never get the link "I will provide the settings" . Telus wont allow me to use the web login, so i cant access it that way.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Adding Outlook Web Access Email to 9900

Hi and Welcome to the community!

First off, you never "had" OWA on your BB...rather, you integrated an OWA email account via BIS. To get to the manual settings, you need to first provide the valid email address, but an incorrect password...that should enable the manual settings checkbox.

Further, if Telus won't let you use their web login, there's something else seriously wrong...can you expand on that as well?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ragnew

Thanks for the Reply.

I tried your suggestion and am still having problems.  When I enter my email address and password, it tells me "Your device had a problem connecting to the server."  At this stage I get the option to Cancel or Retry", if I choose Retry it tries again and comes back with the messaged Failed, if I choose Cancel it goes back to the screen where i entered my email address and password.   I have checked to make sure my email address is typed correct.  I get the same message whether i type my password correct or incorrect.

As for trying to connect to Blackberry Internet Service from my web browser, I get the message " Your account is not accessable via HTML browser. Please use your device to access the Blackberry Internet Service"

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

ragnew wrote:

Thanks for the Reply.

I tried your suggestion and am still having problems.  When I enter my email address and password, it tells me "Your device had a problem connecting to the server."  At this stage I get the option to Cancel or Retry", if I choose Retry it tries again and comes back with the messaged Failed, if I choose Cancel it goes back to the screen where i entered my email address and password.   I have checked to make sure my email address is typed correct.  I get the same message whether i type my password correct or incorrect.

Oh! That's completely more detail than we started with...I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you will need to contact Telus for formal support. It is possible that they have not completed setting up your BIS account on the new BB.

ragnew wrote:

As for trying to connect to Blackberry Internet Service from my web browser, I get the message " Your account is not accessable via HTML browser. Please use your device to access the Blackberry Internet Service"

I honestly do not know if Telus allows access to their BIS via web browser or not. But, if you tried that from your BB Browser, then I recommend you try from a PC/browser instead.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ragnew

Thanks for the help. I ended up talking with Telus techsupport. The reasoning i was given behind being unable to use the web based Blackbery Internet Service was that my new bb uses Blackberry ID and it is not fully integrated with the old Blackberry Internet Service, i didnt ask for the details. They were able to access the advanced configurations themselves to setup my email for me. (i just have to be super trusting and give out my email address, web access url and password) It would be nice to have this functionality back in my hands as it would be quicker for me to just do and not waste their time. But thats not the case for now, hopefully that changes or else i will be calling them for help the next time i need to make changes. Thanks again!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
uae33599
My Device: 9900

Urgent, Urgent and very Urgent

Oppppssss, I have exactly the same problem!!!! i have upgraded my device from 9780 to 9900 and i could not configure my email outlook accounts..

So to figure out what is the problem; I have formatted the 9900, changed my email address, contacted company email support, contacted network provider, created another email account with my company but still did not work and I gave up, and decided to go back to my old BB 9780 and tried to configure my emails on 9780 and all were configured very easy and working perfect without any hassle.

Please, and Please tell me how to contact Telus in order to do the same???

New Contributor
Dziyakerxs
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB

Hi, By any chance did you have this fixed? I already have an OWA account on my BB9900 but I can't seem to add another one... Like the original poster, I can't get to the "I'll provide the settings" page... Thanks, Carlo
Memento Mori