Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
noleguy
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Signature to Outgoing Messages

Hello, new member and novice user.  Just got a 9000 and want to add a signature to outgoing messages.  Am a enterprise data services user with Lotus Notes as the Email app.  Any help is appreciated.  The ATT tutorial isn't helping.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fedmunds
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Adding Signature to Outgoing Messages

You can do it on-line through your service provider.  I am with AT & T and went to att.blackberrry.com to set up my signature and preferences.  Your service provider will give you the correct address.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mwf5888
My Device: Curve 8310 & Bold

If you are a BlackBerry Enterprise user then you can set the signature on the BlackBerry.  If you want to set the signature for BIS signatures those are done on your carrier's BIS website.

To set the signature on the BES email accout:

1. Go to your inbox

2. Press the Option key, press the letter "O" and then press the trackball

3. Scroll to the Email Settings and in the first line select "Desktop"

You will see the Use Auto Signature area where you can type a good length signature.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

If you are going to have a long signature I would type up the signature and send it to yourself in an email. Then you can copy and paste it into the signature field.

Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

The other alternative is to add signatures as auto text. For example I have the following;

"Kind Regards

Steve Trice

S S Trice, Contracts Manager,

For and on behalf of *********************************"

To get this at then end of text or e-mail messages I just type wks then hit the space button. To set this up just go into options > AutoText > menu button > new. Then simply type in your shortcut (wks in my case) under "replace" before adding your signature under "With". This means that you can have different signatures for different types of message - one for work one for personal for example - and all for a two or three "letter code".

Take care,

Steve.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
brandonnesbitt
My Device: 9800

Steve_S_T wrote:

The other alternative is to add signatures as auto text. For example I have the following;

"Kind Regards

Steve Trice

S S Trice, Contracts Manager,

For and on behalf of *********************************"

To get this at then end of text or e-mail messages I just type wks then hit the space button. To set this up just go into options > AutoText > menu button > new. Then simply type in your shortcut (wks in my case) under "replace" before adding your signature under "With". This means that you can have different signatures for different types of message - one for work one for personal for example - and all for a two or three "letter code".

This is a great idea, because you can change your signature very easy before sending the email.

Please click the "kudos" in my post if I was able to help you on this issue.
Please mark thread as resolved if I was able to fix the issue!!
Please use plain text.