Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Ellisam70
My Device: Bold 990
My Carrier: Orange

Adding another email address

Hi 

Was wondering if someone could help me, I am trying to add my gmail email account onto my phone but when I input the details it comes back with update failed. Any suggestions would be grateful 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Adding another email address

Good afternoon and welcome to BB Forums.

I am no expert and I am sure others will advise you better than myself, however I have a BB9900 with Orange and have Googlemail set up on the same.

My recollection of setting up Google Mail was as follows, from set up select E-mail Accounts, then Add another email address, Google does appear as its own category which prevents the requirement to, create a new address and requirement to know the full settings. On completing your email address and password the phone will do the rest. If I recall correctly it does fail a couple of times then registers. Hope this helps?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ellisam70
My Device: Bold 990
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks, tried this but it is still coming up with update failed :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Ellisam70

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I assume you have BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on your account, as it is required to enjoy those push email services on our BlackBerry Devices.

The method which londonpride advice does allow us to add any email address on our device but if you are unable to add you email then you can try the one which has helped many , for that from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/integrate to add / edit  your email address on your device.

Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
londonpride
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Please use plain text.