Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
rcrund

Address Book Synch Issue - Creates Duplicates for People with 2 First Names

This one has me completely stumped!

I'm using Windows XP, Outlook 2003, and DM 4.6.0.1.3. 

Most of my contacts have full name fields populated in the following manner:

First Name: Bob & Jane

Last Name: Smith

When I do a one-way transfer of my Contacts from Outlook to my BB, the data moves over without issue and the fields map correctly (i.e., First Name field contains "Bob & Jane" and Last Name field contains "Smith").  However, when I try to do a 2-way synch, the issues occur. 

The synch software wants to create two records on both my BB and in Outlook.  It takes the first name from the First Name field (.i.e., Bob) and creates a duplicate record under "Bob Smith". It also keeps the other record with "Bob & Jane Smith".  I end up with two records for each couple - one with both spouses names and one with just the first spouse listed.

I tried replacing the & with the word "and" to see if the symbol was causing an issue, but no such luck.  I have double checked the field mapping, and that isn't the problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I bought my BB instead of an iPhone to avoid synching issues, and now I have them. 

Please use plain text.