Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
Accepted Solution

All data is disappeared and the phone is formatted

[ Edited ]

I received a notification from Blackberry Protect to enter my ID password for mi ID number (gor1984@mail.ru). I forgot both the ID password and the unswer. I chose the function to send an info to my mail to reset the password. But any messages from Blackberry protect did not come to my male. I tried to enter password mote than 10 times and after that the phone started to download something and switched off. After the phone turned on - it was ampty withou any data, contacts, photos, video etc. empty at all.

After an unclear message came to my male.

Suppose that all info shoul be saved on the Blackberry server. How can I get back all the data to my phone including the settings existing (personal and my job mails were connected to my Blackberry etc. - all the settings shoul be saved too on the server).

Thank you for support!

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: All data is disappeared and the phone is formatted

Hello Viorel

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Viorel wrote:

I received a notification from Blackberry Protect to enter my ID password for mi ID number ( xxxxx@mail.ru). I forgot both the ID password and the unswer. I chose the function to send an info to my mail to reset the password. But any messages from Blackberry protect did not come to my male. I tried to enter password mote than 10 times and after that the phone started to download something and switched off. After the phone turned on - it was ampty withou any data, contacts, photos, video etc. empty at all.

Entering wrong BlackBerry ID password will never wipe our BlackBerry device but it is the device password !

If we enter wrong device password for more then ten times ( by default ) our BlackBerry will wipe itself up as for security reason . 

Viorel wrote:

Suppose that all info shoul be saved on the Blackberry server. How can I get back all the data to my phone including the settings existing (personal and my job mails were connected to my Blackberry etc. - all the settings shoul be saved too on the server).

If you used BlackBerry Protect for Backup then will it will store data like Contacts , Calenders, Tasks, Memos, Test messages , Password keeper database etc. but it will never backup any media files .

To get those data back in your device you have to login to BlackBerry protect and use the restore option , or refer to this KB :

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

Let us know if you have any questions.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790

Thank you for your reply.

Accrding to youe link a need open BB Protect applictaion, but I haven't it on my phone now. Do I need to installed it one more time?

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Viorel wrote:

Accrding to youe link a need open BB Protect applictaion, but I haven't it on my phone now. 

Are you sure you did a backup using BlackBerry Protect before your device wipe ?

When you login to BlackBerry Protect website Click on My Data > Are you able to view any Backup listed there ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

To answer your question, yes you have to install the Protect application before.
But you must have some backups, see the answer from prince2012 before.