Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gustaloon
My Device: Bold

All my information is gone!!!!

I thought I'd be fancy and connect my phone with my computer so I plug it in and it asked me for a password well I put in what I thought was the password 10 times and the phone went through a reboot that started it all over from scratch including the welcome emails from Blackberry.  I lost all my stored emails, photos, addresses, appointments - everything. 

So... how do I get my data back?  How do I get desktop manager to see that my address book is blank?  What happened?

My phone is a Bold..

Can anyone help?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: All my information is gone!!!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If, before this happened, you took some backup somewhere (Desktop Software, BB Protect, Sync with Outlook or another compatible PIM), then you can now use that as the source of restore. If you never before took any backup, then there is no source from which to restore your data.

The password you assign to lock your device is the same password needed to allow the connection to the PC. But, given the tricky way things can work on the BB keyboard, the password may not have been exactly what you really thought it was (numbers instead of letters, letters instead of numbers, symbols, etc.). So, when you typed it into the PC 10 failed times, the device did the same thing it would do if you mis-type it 10 times on the BB keyboard when attempting to unlock it -- it wiped itself clean of everything. This is a standard security precaution that all BBs have, and the user must be very careful about it so as to avoid exactly what has happened to you.

Sorry for your loss.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code