Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Developer
smilliken
My Device: Z10 & Playbook 64 GB

Re: BBIDRe: An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )

Not having much luck with answers for this.

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: BBIDRe: An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )

try to empty Firefox's cache (CTRL-SHIFT-DEL).
remember to let Firefox store blackberry.com 's cookies.
shut down Firefox and try again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
smilliken

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the pointers, but they didn't seem to do anything. I'll list the steps I'm taking.:

1. Open App World. I can either sign in my BBID or not. Makes no difference.

2. Click on the BBM icon. Screen goes to the BBM app version 7. says it will work with my phone.

3. Click on the Download icon.

4. Screen goes to the BBID sign in screen.

5. Insert my credentials and the screen returns to the BBID sign in screen with no error displayed. This then just loops for everytime I place my credentials.

Also, I can not get the browser to change my device. I can click on "Available Device", it shows my 8330 and the Playbook, but when I select the 8330, the browser will not refresh for the 8330 apps. I seems to be stuck on the Playbook.

I tried this on both IE and Firefox and the results are the same. I've also tried this on different computers with the same results.

Is ther a problem with my BB Account? I have no problems accessing it, in any device/phone.

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hello again smiliken,

sorry I think I have made you lose quite some time.

your smartphone is the 8330, and to my knowledge you are able to install OS 4.5 on it, but not OS5 or higher.

BBM7 is currently available for OS6 and OS7 only, and will be later available for OS5, but not for OS4.5. You will never have BBM7 on your 8330.

That being said, you still seem to have an issue with your BBID and your AppWorld. But I think it is also related to the fact that the 8330 is an old device.

As you may know, there are several versions of the AppWorld, up to version 4.0 for current OSes. I think you have AppWorld 2.1 or prior, and if I recall correctly, AppWorld 2.1 does not allow you to install applications using the USB cable and the Web Storefront. I have not looked for the document that proves this, but I think this is the issue here.

For example, using the Web storefront, I believe that if you select the PlayBook as your device, your setting will be remembered.

so, for the solutions to your issue:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
smilliken

[ Edited ]

Thanks again for the pointers and quick reply. The older device will get the punt when BB10 gets here. I

I just wanted to download the BBM to the computer and try to install it using Desktop Manager, The BBM 7 app says it works on my phone, but I've seen post for both yay and nay. Shouldn't I be able to just download the file to the computer?

I followed the link to the 6.2, but it installed BBM 5 again.

All just a little frustrating.

Is there an update to App World on the phone? Yes I'm using 2.1. One time when the phone was connected, App World on the computer said there was and ask if I wanted to upgrade, but when I says yes, nothing happened.

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Please re-read my post, here are again the answers to your question, I guess I was not clear the first time.

1) You cannot install a version of the AppWorld newer than 2.1

2) You cannot install an app through your PC because your AppWorld version is 2.1

3) You cannot install BBM7 on your 8330 because BBM7 requires OS6 or OS7, that have not been released to your 8330

4) the link that I gave you allows you to install the latest BBM available for your device. The fact that you can only install BBM5 is surprising to me, but I guess it is the latest version you can install.

I can feel your frustration, but you are using a model that was released 6 years ago (2008). Until recently I did not even know that AppWorld 2.1 was still available.

Please use plain text.
Developer
smilliken

[ Edited ]

Thanks again, Xandrex,

No, I understand your posts, just frustrating that the App World says an app is suitable for a phone with a certain OS and then in the end, it isn't; where it is BBM 6 or BBM 7.

BBM7 is currently available for OS6 and OS7 only, and will be later available for OS5, but not for OS4.5. You will never have BBM7 on your 8330.

http://n4bb.com/bbm-7-available-blackberry-4-5/

Like I said, waiting for BB10. Got this phone and thought I would see if I could get some of the newer apps and programs.

Sttill does explain why I can't downloaad from the App World on the browser. Should be able to download for the Playbook, no?

Thanks again for the help.

Scott

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Hello,

N4BB is a source of information and disinformation, depending on the subject :smileyhappy:
On the other hand I never lie. :smileywink:

Yes there is currently a problem with the AppWorld, I think it is currently not able to deal with two versions of an app for several models. I hope it will be better at the end of January.

About the inability of your version of the AppWorld to download from the PC, there is nothing to understand. This feature is available for higher versions than 2.1.

You cannot download on your 8330 through your PlayBook either, and BBm is not available on your PlayBook if it is not already on your 8330.

Please use plain text.
nine44
My Device: bold 9900

Re: An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )

Ayudaaa.. hago todo lo q dicen pero aun sigo teniend oeste problema..  AYUDA POR FAVO..!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Re: An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )

hola ,nine44,

por favor vamos a los espana foros:
http://foros.blackberry.com/

Please use plain text.