Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
charcole189
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Annoying email problem

[ Edited ]

I have just purchased the BlackBerry Bold from AT&T and whenever I send an email I get a message back saying "Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T."  I have already set the "Confirm Delivery," "Confirm Read," and "Send Read Reciepts" options to "No" and I still recieve these.  If anyone can assist me in disabling this that would be great.

Thanks,

~Charlie

Message Edited by charcole189 on 11-30-2008 01:19 AM
Contributor
hankwu02k

Re: Annoying email problem

Under Setup, click on email settings, and log into your account, and you'll see edited your account with list of the email accounts you have, and go to "filter" and edit the filter set "Do not forward message to device" and you will not received any more copies of your sent email. 

Hope it works.  

New Contributor
Kuhner
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

[ Edited ]
this should work, I use gmail nd had the same issue
Message Edited by Kuhner on 11-30-2008 03:03 AM
New Contributor
charcole189

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I did this and now I don't recieve any messages that go to that email address.  Maybe I did something wrong?
Contributor
hankwu02k

try to do it on BIS website from your computer, sign in, edit the filters from there and it should work. 
New Contributor
charcole189

Ya, that is what I did.

It only does it for my Gmail, i don't get these messages for any of my other accounts.

Contributor
hankwu02k

please advice that you actually have to ADD a filter, the "filter name" you can type anything you want for example eg. "My Gmail" and select or choose "Do not forward messages to device", and add that filter to your account. 
New Contributor
charcole189

Ya I do this but when I apply the filter it doesn't send any email I recieve from this account to my phone, it stops them all.  I just don't want the delivery confirmation emails.
New Contributor
charcole189

Whats happening is im getting a copy sent to me of every email I send using my Gmail account.
Contributor
hankwu02k

[ Edited ]
I understand, and i had the same issue, i did what i told you, and it fixed the problem. I do not know why it is not working for you, sorry that i couldn't help. Perhaps you should contact your carrier and im sure they would be able to help you out. 
Message Edited by hankwu02k on 11-30-2008 04:32 AM