Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
meayrs
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Annoying music autoplay on bluetooth connect

Arixsin wrote:

Go to the "Manage Connections" icon. Select "Bluetooth Options" and then "Options" after pressing the menu button. Scroll to the bottom, uncheck "A/V Remote Control Target".

Thank you!  This fixed the autoplay problem for me.

Please use plain text.
rdhillon
My Device: Bold 9700 OS 6.0
My Carrier: ATT

Anything new on this front?

I had a BB Bold 9700 running OS 4.5 (I think). It was connecting to my car stereo (Ford Sync) through BT. Everything was great - could control music forward, reverse etc. I upgraded to 5.0 and noticed the AV Remote control would no longer work. Now I have upgraded to 6.0 and it is working again. Hooray! But now I have the annoying autoplay every time I get in my car.

This is why I love Android phones. Whener a bug or annpoying "feature" is found, there is almost always a free app to tweak it the way you want it to be.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hjmayniac
My Device: Storm 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm also having this problem with my 9800 storm running 6.0.  Doesn't happen with my plantronics or jabra stereo bluetooth headset or my Monster speaker, but does happen in my Volkswagen Jetta TDI.

Is there a way to just disable the media player - I never use it anyway.

Henry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
smithereenz
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I contacted @BlackberryHelp about this on Twitter and they replied

"Could you please ask your mobile provider to escalate this issue to BlackBerry on your behalf so we can look into this further? Thanks. ^CS"

I went into o2 and they looked at me like I was stupid... very annoying

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Ride_The_Sky
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

jasn wrote:

While this does stop the autoplay bug from happening, (and still allow you to play music through the Blackberry using the Blackberry media player controls), it's not a real solution to the problem because it disables controlling the media player from the Bluetooth controls on the stereo device you're connected to. When I disabled the A/V Remote Control Target, in the Options -> Bluetooth -> Options page, the only thing that my car system bluetooth control could do was pause the playback, (not even resume playing).

Good Luck..

I tried this, I have 9900 running 7.1

It completely disabled playing back audio through car speakers.

I would love to find a solution and stop this auto-play nonsense. I never use the Media Player to play music on my car stereo, I already have GB's of space on my car HDD, I just want to stream music from online radio/etc. The problem is as soon as I get into the car and select Bluetooth/Blackberry, it starts the mp3 player and sometimes it plays simultaneously with the streaming player like Pandora or TuneIn. I still want to keep music on my phone when I walk around.

Please use plain text.