Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jds5300
My Device: Not Specified

Another Memory Card Issue

I have read through many posts on this topic, but I could not find a solution for my specific problem.  My 8GB micro SDHC card works perfectly in my BB, but when plugging my BB into my computer I am not able to access the card through DM or as a drive.  It does appear under My Computer as a drive, but when I select it I receive a prompt to format the card.  I tried formatting through the computer, but this always fails.  I have no problem accessing the device memory as both a drive and through DM.  The interesting thing is that I can access the card via my computer when I plug it in using a card reader.

Based on other posts, I have ensured that mass storage mode is on and that the memory card is assigned a drive letter.  Any thoughts?  I am running:

BB Bold OS 4.6

Windows XP sp3

DM 4.7

Thanks!

Contributor
Zoonosis
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Another Memory Card Issue

Try a quick format on your Blackberry instead of the computer. Let me know how it works?

BB PIN: 24A061D7

Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

With all these Memory card issues , its gottas make you wonder if Microsoft upodated the Memory card drivers in Windows (the ones that sit underneath the proprietors drivers) in a recent Windows Update?

Anyone know?

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Contributor
Zoonosis
My Device: Bold 9000

OzBBerry42 wrote:

With all these Memory card issues , its gottas make you wonder if Microsoft upodated the Memory card drivers in Windows (the ones that sit underneath the proprietors drivers) in a recent Windows Update?

Anyone know?

I actully believe it to be the Blackberry. Mine works just fine though. But so many other people are posting on the forums about this memory card issue so idk, you could be right tho. :\