Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Jaym1
My Device: Bold 9780
Accepted Solution

App Error 606

Yesterday my Blackberry started to freeze the screen, I removed the battery and it has since come back with 'App Error 606' and asks me to reset, I can seem to work out how to fix this and get it working again, as all of my work is done with my phone. Can anyone let  me know how to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: App Error 606

You'll have to reload your OS to get rid of this error message.  It has something to do with the Java in your phone.  Without getting too technical, let's just stick with telling you how to reload your OS.

Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Update.  If a newer version of OS is offered and you wish to accept it, proceed with it.  If nothing newer is offered or you don't wish to load a newer version, click View Other Versions.  Click the one that has "Currently Installed" beside it.

Let us know if that gets rid of this issue for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jaym1

BillJ,

Thanks my Blackberry is up and running again now.

I just have to reconfigure all my settings and remember the passwords. This os really only minor compared to my other problem.

Once again, Thanks.

Justin

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

You're welcome!

Incidentally, you refer to another problem.  Care to share with us?  (Only if it's related to BlackBerry, of course.)  :smileywink:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mostafa-sabry

I did all what you said and it worked fine till a step where he asked me to select the device applications, and it shows 'the device does not have enough space for your selections, select fewer applications" even after deselected all the applications !! and the Next button is dimmed !

what can i do ? 

p.s. The phone auto restarts and shows app error 606 and some times app error 603

Please use plain text.
Salfi
My Device: Bold

Hello Bill!

I have the same problem with my BB Bold 9780. 

I tried to do what you wrote, but it didn't work, because my Desktop software cannot connect to my BB. 

Can you please advice me what to do?

Thanks, Balazs

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katec1602
My Device: BOLD

Hi,

Did you find a solution to your blackberry not connecting when you try and reset it? I am having the same problem.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

katec1602  wrote :

Did you find a solution to your blackberry not connecting when you try and reset it? I am having the same problem.

Hi katec1602

Welcome to the Community

If your device is not detected by BlackBerry desktop software please follow this KB to update your device software :

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
katec1602
My Device: BOLD

Hi, thank you. Yes this has worked. It has just wiped my blackberry so am trying to get everything back via Blackberry Protect as I backed my device up a few days ago luckily.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

katec1602 wrote :

Hi, thank you. Yes this has worked. It has just wiped my blackberry so am trying to get everything back via Blackberry Protect as I backed my device up a few days ago luckily.

Hi katec1602

You are welcome ..! So its good that you are using BlackBerry Protect but don't forget to do a weekly backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Prince

Please use plain text.