Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: App Error 606

moimi wrote:
Cool thanx. Sorry the internet connectivity here isn't great. I rebooted my pc and did and its now updating. Much appreicate your assistance

hey moimi 

Well done .. ! So go ahead and let us know if you feel any issue .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Bold 9780

Hey,

I'm using the BB 9780 and Desktop Software v. 7.10.

Getting the App error 606 like everyone else. I connected my phone without the battery, and tried the Km10144 reboot. At the step where I hit "Update", it searches for a software update and then gives me a message prompting me to input my email and get a notifcation when a new software update is released. But it doesn't give me any options to install another version. I've re-started my PC, re-downloaded the Desktop Software. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi Tal_Mil

Where it asks you for your email address, in that same pop up window there is a box on the bottom left corner displaying "view other versions" click that button and re-install your current version on to the handheld device

I've hunted everywhere for that button, its not there. Absolutely no idea what's going on or what I'm missing.
I went Update--> Repair --> It searches for the newest version, doesn't find one and gives me a prompt to enter my email. Only buttons on that pop-up are "subscribe" and "cancel".

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi tal_mil

Follow the response I have received from Prince2012.
The button displays when you have internet connectivity

I do have internet connectivity, wireless 5 bars
Elite II

tal_mil wrote:

Hey,

I'm using the BB 9780 and Desktop Software v. 7.10.

Getting the App error 606 like everyone else. I connected my phone without the battery, and tried the Km10144 reboot. At the step where I hit "Update", it searches for a software update and then gives me a message prompting me to input my email and get a notifcation when a new software update is released. But it doesn't give me any options to install another version. I've re-started my PC, re-downloaded the Desktop Software. 

Any ideas?

Hello tal_mil

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

We should follow KB10144 unless we're having problem in detecting / Connecting our device . When you conncet your device to a PC in a simple manner without removing the battery , can you confirm if your PC detects your device ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

hi,

I have the same problem as tal_mil.

I can confirm that my pc detects my device and I have the internet connection but I still cannot find the "view other version" button

Elite II

nizzcom wrote:

I have the same problem as tal_mil.

I can confirm that my pc detects my device and I have the internet connection but I still cannot find the "view other version" button

Hi nizzcom

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If desktop software is able to detect your BlackBerry and you had a problem in reloading the OS using above method then we can always use loader.exe to load the OS .

Go through this below KB article and follow those instructions to load a new OS pack :

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Please try this method and let us know if you feel any problem.

New Contributor

hi prince2012

thanks for your help, i can use my phone now. :Clap: