Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
millionman
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea Cellular

App World doesnt Run and also doenst upgrade.

I am using a Bold 9900 and when I open Appworld it says that a upgrade is needed. When I follow the process the download starts and and at the very end an error message appears  and it closes. Can u please guide me how to fix the problem and is it service related or hardware/software fault. Thnaks Manish Nayyar

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App World doesnt Run and also doenst upgrade.

Hi millionman

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you tell what error message you recieved while downloading BlackBerry World ?

Let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
millionman
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea Cellular

When I click Appworld icon it says "In order to use, you need to upgrade. And when I select upgrade option it goes on website and following the Upgrade Today option it moves to Donload now --> select language-->English-->download starts...then it says Blackberry App world contains a module named "net_rim_bb_appworld" A module already exists and will be replaced...continue-->yes-->download starts (file size is 3125 kb) and at the very end it gives message ERROR - with OK AND DETAILS selecting the details gives "907 invalid COD". and process stops. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi millionman

If you are getting that error message then first Uninstall BlackBerry World from Options > Devive > Application Management > locate and delete BlackBerry World from there , then perform a battery pull restart by removing the Battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then re-insert it back.

After reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to  www.blackberry.com/appworld to download the most recent version of BlackBerry world . After installing reboot your device once again, when you open BlackBerry world for the first time it may prompt you to install latest version of BlackBerry ID software .download it and it will be fine . 

If you recieve the same error " 907 invalid COD " then you have to try it agin or any wifi .So try it and let us know of your progress.

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.