Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BoboBagens
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

App error 200 reset on a 9900 bold

Hey guys,

I have a 9900 Bold that is saying app error 200 reset. Ive tried many things even going through some of the forums to check for a solution but none of them helped me. Ive tried several different things from taking out the battery, trying to boot in safe mod (doesn't even let me), upgrading the OS, downgrading the OS. Even to the point where I downloaded a program called "BMSAK" to wipe the phone and reinstall the OS. After wiping the phone it displayed an error 507 reload software, which means put an OS on, so I did  then the App error 200 has reappeared.

I don't care what happens to my phone regarding data, I just want my phone in working condition.

Please Help,

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA

Re: App error 200 reset on a 9900 bold

Had this issue on a 8530, brought it to the verizon store, they said it was a hardware falure and replaced it for free, you should see if your carrier will do this for you. let me know.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2234)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Hello BoboBagens

If you want to solve this problem on your Blackberry ... You must download the BBASK.
Also you have the DM (desktop manager) for Windows PC
Have and download the OS to your Blackberry in this case the 9900

Steps DM installed, download and install the latest version of your OS BB9900, install BBSAK ...

Make sure before you install or start the process of loading the operating system, delete the file named vendor.xml

If you have Windows in English the path is ...
C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Research In Motion \ AppLoader

If you have Windows in Spanish the path is ...
C: \ Program Files \ Common File \ Research In Motion \ AppLoader

Having done the above before running the BBASk connecting your blackberry via USB.

Run the application BBSAK wipe, then factory reset, wipe, will give an ERROR 507 by loading your OS last article via Loader

Software For BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2840 (All Languages) 

Package Version: 7.1.0.2840
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 7.1.0.1047
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.695
  • File name: 9900AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2840_PL5.1.0.695_A7.1.0.1047_Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
  • File size: 281.59MB

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=6C3CF77D52820CD0FE646D38BC2145CA

Regards...

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BoboBagens

Thanks for responding to my post.

The stupid thing is that I have done all that stuff and i still have the error.

I've install BMSAK performed a wipe, factory reset and then I uploaded the latest OS using the BB desktop manager. And still the error appears. I even downloaded the latest version of the OS and then using the Loader.exe to try upload the OS onto the device with no success. The Loader.exe even says the OS has been successful but I few moments later the BB says App error 200.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
davybohl
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: mtn sa

lots of thanks,your instructions worked like a charm.bbsk,followed by app loader.whenever i thought i was done with an update to 7.l any version ,i would always get app error 200 in the final booting process.i had reached a point where i had to give up ,unistalling and reinstalling,wiping.i did almost everything to no avail until i met your post.
Warm regards
david
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2234)
My Carrier: Movilnet

I am to help and learn from others.

Regards.

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **

@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BoboBagens

Hello everyone,

I  found a solution. it fixed several of my 9900 and a curve 8300.  hope this helps someone.

1.            Connect the BlackBerry to the computer through a USB cable.

2.            Open the loader.exe file from c:\program files\common files\ apploader

3.            Click next through the app loader until the loading process begins ( make sure to check No back ups)

4.            Once the loading process reaches the 3rd stage remove the battery from the BlackBerry to force a App error 507 Error.

after the phone starts up with a 507 error follow the steps listed in:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998

after perfmorming the reset to factory when it is starting up (loading bar) check for updates for your device VIA online

www.BlackBerry.com/updates

If you guys have any problems reply and i will try to responed

Please use plain text.
davybohl
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: mtn sa

Lots of thanks ,I was really frustrated with app error 200 and your method worked for me,using bbsk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BoboBagens

That good new. Using BBSAK is probably a lot easier, with both functions in one easy location. But it never hurts to know the manual way either.

Please use plain text.