If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jimkempster
My Device: 890
My Carrier: T-Moble

Re: App error 200

Using this fix, I now have a working phone with ALL APPS wiped off of it. Others using this fix should know that you run the risk of loosing everything if you don't already have Desktop Manager installed on your computer and all your apps stored in it. I'm now wondering whether or not to restore my apps or go by a Driod or an iPhone that handle apps better than this Blackberry has.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
carissacrandall
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: att

I am having the same problem with the app error, but when i try to go on desktop manager, it says before i begin i need to verify my current blackberry device is connected to my computer

Please use plain text.
fo_la
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: tmobile

pls help me i use a blackberry 8900 and i have the app error 200 i have tried the steps u listed bt its not workin for me..basically the problem i have with the steps is the desktop manager says''no update is required for your device'' pls what can i doo plzz help mee

Please use plain text.
Gotly45
My Device: 8520 curve

thnks mate this help me a lot i panniced at first i thought arrgh! whts to my blackberry but after reading your forum its saved me life :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
littlemiss
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the APP 200 problem and tried the application loader trick but no applications are seen from my device. Its a knew phone so I guess it never backed up on my computer is that why? By the way, it may be useful to know that I was trying to delete bejeweled using the loader when my phone shut off and appeared with the app200 error.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pattyayers
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

"Ghiaid"'s post just saved me! I can't tell you how grateful I am to you for posting that. It worked exactly as you described for me and my phone is now working again, and most of the data is getting restored. 

Here's what happened:

I have a BlackBerry Torch 9800. I connected with the Desktop Manager on my PC to add an app - "Tilt Lock", and did that. Then, decided while I was connected, to remove some applications that I will never use. So I unchecked a few and ran it.

Part of the way through, the progress bar on the Desktop Manager program froze, and the phone froze. I restarted it, a few times the "soft" way, and about 10 times by removing the battery. Every time, it would never get past the all-black "loading" screen, and eventually would show a white screen with only  "APP ERROR 200" on it.

I tried charging it, taking the battery in and out lots of times, pushing all of the buttons, etc., but things were looking pretty grim - until I did exactly what "Ghiaid" described:

1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)

7. Allow the update to run without the battery
8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
9. Allow the software to continue the update

If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again!

Good luck, anybody with this problem -

Thanks again to "Ghiaid"!!

Patty

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gigi0526
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: A T & T

:smileyhappy:And thanks to you Patty, for taking the time to document your experience in full detail!  I was able to get my Torch back up and running and am soooooooooooooooooo very thankful that I had backed up this evening so that I was able to restore.

One question though.....once I restored, some of my downloads didn't come back~a couple of games and wallpaper.  Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again!!!!!

Gerry

Please use plain text.
nnnguyen
My Device: 9800 Torch

I have the same problem as fo_la. I found firmwares from carriers but I got my phone directly from RIM and would not want to relock it to one of those carriers. Please help. NNN
Please use plain text.
Visitor
coloradojewels
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

Thanks
Please use plain text.
goldenswan
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: TAM

pattyayersss..ty so much for the info ^^ i were frustated my handheld wouldn't work anymore..but i followed up ur instructions and now my handheld works again. WONDERFUL n THANK YOU so much!
Please use plain text.