Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

dwayzeonblaze
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&t

Re: App error 200

Thank God For You!!!! Thank You SOOOOOO Much

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samii
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi there... I've downloaded the blackberry desktop manager... And I tryed connecting the blackberry... Its says try again.. The thing is the blackberry 8900 is loading up and then says app error 200... And I have done this before with the same phone.. But its not reckoning the blackberry on the laptop.. What do I do!! I really do need help!!! Someone help! Is there any other way to get the blackberry work? And I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.. Comes up with the same (app error 200) HELP!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
samii
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Orange

i have downloaded the BD.. it wont let the phone connect with the pc.. i done exact what you said.. please help!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michaelthorson
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Oh, Patty, you are a lifesaver for detailing this fix.

This is the second time now that I've been caught in the infinite reboot loop due to some BlackBerry software glitch. Unfortunately the solution the first time was to re-install the OS, which wiped out everything.

This is the last BlackBerry I will ever own. They really are a terrible company.
Please use plain text.
po2012lo
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

what if the computer cannot recognize the device... any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
po2012lo
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

what if your computer does not recpgnize the device... any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
cwista_n
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: globe

help!!  I am trying to update now and its prompting me for a password, which ive never heard of before.. its down to the final try and it says it will erase ALL programs and date if i fail... what to do?? i cannot lose my files!! please help :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
cwista_n
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: globe

nothing's happening :smileysad: i followed detailed instructions.  when i connect the phone, they check for updates, but then it says there are no new updates, then nothing happens :smileysad:  HELP PLEASE :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
benji208
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Singtel

[ Edited ]

ok so the phone was working fine and i wanted  to update my phone (new) and halfway through desktop manager suddenly the program stopped working, and now im left with this stupid error 200 after taking half an hour to startup. i cant even use the bloody phone. I cant even connect to the bloody device and now im going to send it back to the store. no more blackberry for me

Please use plain text.
JohnAntoine
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

[ Edited ]

APP ERROR 200 RESET: JOHN'S "COD REMOVE" FIX

Hi guys, 

I just wanted to share my fix method for this very annoying error. It's not said that it's going to work for everybody, but at least it's one more solution for you to try if you're desperate and btw it's also much safer than a full OS re-install.

Basically, after installing some new apps, my phone showed up the infamous "App Error 200 Reset" white screen. I tried to connect the phone via the BlackBerry Desktop Software (7.1), but it always gave me a connection error and the only thing that would let me do was to update to a fresh OS install, nothing else. So because I couldn't do any sort of backup of the phone in the meanwhile, I didn't go for this solution: I was just terrified to lose precious personal data during the OS update process.

So what I did instead was to:

1) Take out SIM and MicroSD (just out of safety)

2) Connect my BlackBerry Bold 9700 via USB

3) Open BBSAK software (1.9.2)

4) Click "Modify CODs" Tab

5) Click "Read System" Button

6) Select from the COD list the latest apps, installed just before the "App Error 200" appeared

7) Click "Remove COD(s)"

8) Disconnect BlackBerry from USB

9) Perform a nice battery pull

Result: the phone rebooted fine, the error was gone and all my contacts, apps, notes, SMS, calendar appointments, tasks, etc. were just as I left them!!! So I think that probably in some cases it's just some nasty apps that are preventing the OS to boot correctly. The process should be 100% safe, since from BBSAK you can even save and install the CODs you remove :smileywink:

Hope this can help, ciao!

Please use plain text.