Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
smacdon2

App error 200

I get this message when my Blackberry Bold restarts in the morning.  I have to switch the device off and then on again to start it working.  Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Re: App error 200

Which software version you have installed on the device, sometimes an software upgrade solve the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smacdon2

I am using the latest available version, v4.7 I think.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The error means that some of your applications are corrupt and you must reload the device.

The procedure is listed below.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14115&sliceId=2&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smacdon2

Thanks.  I tried this before and it didn't solve the problem but I'll try again.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
skippydelgado

I have a BB Bold and have been getting the "App error 200" message. I tried the reloading procedure listed here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14115&sliceId=2&docTy...

but it did not solve the problem since at the end of the process it gives me a message stating that "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device." I have tried the application password several times but it won't take it and I am sure I am entering the right password.

So far my BB seems to be on a loop, always returning to the "App error 200" message so I can't make it work in any manner. Is there any way to reset the device to factory settings without accessing the phone options (which I can´t do)? Can I do it with the Desktop Manager?

It is really frustrating. I don't mind losing the info in the phone, since I can reload everything back on later again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Chaimush

Hi, I had the same problem about 2 weeks ego... The solution is fairly simple; 1. Connect your Bold to your computer. 2. Go to 'Application Loader' on your blackberry desktop manager. 3. Choose the option to load applications. 4. Once the desktop manager recognises your Bold, click 'Next'. 5. Wait for the application list load up and then spend a few minutes choosing which applications (besides the essential programs) you would like to add to your device. 6.On the same page you should see and option 'Advance' (should be bottom right cornor) - open it and make sure the box that says 'wipe all applications' is ticked and that the option 'back up' is unticked. 7. Click next and wait for your device to re-install. 8. Once your device has been re-installed with the latest software, make sure you synce all your contacts etc. back to ur device (do this by restoring your BB from an Earlier backup). Hope this helped - let me know if you encounter any problems.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jamie7755

hi i have gone through it step by step bit confused i have clicked on application loader then clicked on add/remove applications is that right

asks me for a password i dont think there is one

just says connect to JVM and its taking forever 

please help 

Please use plain text.
regularwolf

My blackberry also asked me a password that I never heard about. I put 0000 and it worked fine.
Please use plain text.
ghiaid

I have the same problem with my Jave 8900. followed the above method with no luck!!

But i've found another way to solve this problem from another forum:

Please do exactly as follow

but i found out another way...
let me share it to the others

1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)

7. Allow the update to run without the battery
8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
9. Allow the software to continue the update

cheers
If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again! 

Please use plain text.