Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
sensaki
My Device: torch

Re: App error 200

This is the third time that I actually have to be doing this process to get my phone out of the rebooting loop. I would like to know the underlying cause of this malfunction, it just happens too often. I am not 100% sure but whenever blackberry app world needs updating and I download apps from it without updating I notice this problem...... Its too much trouble redownloading everything. If it happens again I will be using android
Please use plain text.
GouwsEK
My Device: Bold 9780

I have done all this, but the phone won't go on.  once i got it one, but there was just a white screen, now it is the reboot screen with the line almost to the end, but it stops there, and the system cannot connect to my device

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sensaki
My Device: torch

Remove your blackberry device battery and connect your phone to your computer using a usb cord. Launch desktop manager and try updating your software if there's an update available. After the software has finished loading a message box will appear stating "waiting for device initialization" . When this appears thats when you should replace you blackberry battery in your phone........... Thats the easy way

The other way is to download and install a device operating system (OS) manually and install it on your computer then loading it to you device. I just did this again today because my OS had a few minor glitches. I used a program called BBSAK (blackberry swiss army knife) to completely wipe my device before loading the new OS with apploader. u can get BBSAK here for free : http://bbsak.org/download.php . You can also use this app to load your new OS which would maybe a little bit easier. Instructions can be found here :http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-how-faq-f3/how-wipe-load-os-using-bbsak-570663/ .

Personally i only use BBSAK to back up and wipe my device. To load my OS I always use loader exe. Directions on how to use loader exe is found  here :http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-blackberry-operating-system-os . PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR THIRD PARTY APPS BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR DEVICE. ONLY USE THIS METHOD IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABE TO DO SO. IT WORKED FOR ME. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE DONE IT SUCCESFULLY. This will solve your problem if done correctly of that i am sure, just follow all instructions.

Please use plain text.
HazmatFTG
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

None of this information has helped me at all, my Blackberry Torch 9810 has the screen that says App Error 200, I plug it into my computer and it makes me press update, repair and do you want to use the same email for notifcations over and over again and once I hit repair it disconnects, can someone actually help me or is all the advise on this forum completely useless?

Please use plain text.
Deshark
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

Thanks for ghiaid's post!! Was struggling with this same problem for months, then just left my phone in the drawer. Until I tried to update someone else's 9780 and got to the error 200. Atfer I promised "just to look at the phone" I could not give it back with that error. Anyway, I searched on the net again and came about this post. Got it right first time. Phew. Rushed home and did mine as well. 6 months later, phone working again. You're a legend! Tx

Please use plain text.
Rafaela-Santos
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

meu aparelho blackberry curve 8520 também ta aparecendo essa mensagem app error 200 ao reiniciar, só que, embaixo aparece a opção 'reset', e não passa disso! quando reinicio novamente, torna a aparecer! ja retirei a bateria, tentei a opção reset e ele continua a aparecer app error 200... oqe posso fazer ?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
cheez_whiz20
My Device: black berry 8520

Hi saw your post. Can I ask if where to download Blackberry desktop manager? I also have the same problem and I really cant find a site in which I can download the desktop manager. Please help me on this. Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richydeal
My Device: Curve 8520

The URL link is broken. Can it be re-instated please?

Please use plain text.
donny1
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Thank you so much took a while but I get there in the end
Please use plain text.