Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
dubaiflyer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App error 200

Thank you so much for coming up with the solution. T-mobile technical dept couldn't help - they were going to send a new phone! The Blackberry website had no answer. You say you found the solution on 'another forum' but don't say which one. Please let me know so I know where to look if another problem like this occurs. Why it is so difficult to find the answer to a problem like this when there is a straightforward solution is beyond me....  
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
retro80sgrrl

I followed the steps and my BOLD is back up and running.  Thanks for the great post. 

As a warning my BOLD got the App Error after I installed the ticket master app and the app for finding the nearest hotel etc. 

Please use plain text.
Tapirsloth

hi

i just end up in here after googling for "App Error 200" which has happened to me today... and

now, let me tell you something:   this App Error 200 is way beyond of anything "frustrating"!

I have decided to reboot the phone after some persistant message that kept asking me to reboot, so i did press "reboot". In the mean time, i was DRIVING and the phone never rebooted!  i saw that App Error 200 message and that has just left me out with NO PHONE AT ALL for the rest of the day.!  :smileysurprised:  you can't imagine how i was pissed...  no phone,  no gps.. nothing!  i had no computer with me, no internet.. i was just on the road!

It is not only "frustrating" , it is just beyond any level of acceptance for such a hyped "business phone" device!    :smileymad:

How comes that some "small time" application, which i strongly presume it being Microsoft LIVE Messenger for Blackberry, (because the message asking to reboot the phone came up straight after i have installed the Live messenger), the device booted up properly since i have removed it using the desktop manager procedure shown on that page,  so how such a small app can totally INCAPACITATE such a "high end" smart phone (Bold 9000) ? This is just plainly *SICK* !  i would have never thought being left out with no phone because of this stupid error. Now, this is a VERY SERIOUS COMPROMISING/SECURITY/BUG EXPLOIT that could turn down any blackberry!

Another thing that i'm really MAD at is, i know this issue would possibly concern a third party application maker (Microsoft) , but how comes blackberry os does not allow to boot up in SAFE mode or in MINIMUM phone functionality mode when something like that occurs?????   Please, RIM tech guys, CONSIDER THIS as a SERIOUS issue.

this issue should be reported to specialized websites and as many blackberry owners as possible should be aware of this!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k2br

I can't believe it your instructions actually worked. Thank You very much for solving this solution for me :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
k2br

Referring to the instructions from Chaimush thx

Please use plain text.
rayagarcia

This error has frustrated me for the last 5 days.  I left on vacation with no laptop computer for my email or navigator BECAUSE I HAD MY BLACKBERRY WITH ME.  Error 523 showed on on the first morning of my vacation. :smileymad:  A 'friend' offered to 'fix' my BlackBerry, but I ended up with App Error 200 after his efforts.:smileysad:  I was about to return this to AT&T under warranty when I came across your post.

Thanks!:smileyvery-happy:

p.s.  I think that the Google Mail app is what started this whole mess.  I had just loaded it before I left and I never had issues with my device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MsEngineer

HI, iv had my BB for 8 days and in that time, the WIFI never worked, the phone wouldnt download anything, when the wifi finally worked (7 days later) the msn on it didnt work. Then my phone shut off and gave me app error 200 and never turend on again. I bought this phone brand new from T-MOBILE and iv seen nothign but crap from it since. This was by far the biggest mistake of my life. My question anyhow is im trying to reinstall the OS does it take like 25 min to load? Please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robleenheer

[ Edited ]

I can't tell you if the error was 200 or not, as RIM is saving on digital ink whenit comes to showing the error, but my Bold sure as hell wasn't booting for the last 4 hours until........ I stumbled on this ABSOLUTE LIFESAFER of a post!

Thank you. You deserve a medal!

Now all I have to do is get my applications back on.......:smileysad:

Message Edited by robleenheer on 10-05-2009 09:33 AM
Please use plain text.
twinklestarbaby121

please help me, i duno wat i have done to my blackbery curve but it is not turning on it is loading for ages and then showing the message app error 200, i duno wat i have done...i have read the instructions but im a bit blonde, help...wat do i do :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ianeon
My Device: Bold 8520
My Carrier: Virgin media

Thank you for that - It worked for my Curve 8520 - all I had to do afterwards was to restore and update.:smileywink:

Please use plain text.