Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Bubbles25
My Device: 9900 Bold
Accepted Solution

App error 606

Since doing a backup and update on my BB 9900 Bold Thursday 24 October, I received the following message:

Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.i18n.Missing resourceException

I cannot turn off the phone or even do a hard restart. I have to take the battery out. Vodafone cannot even capture any data on the Sim card using Redbox and apparently there is nothing on there now. The backup went smoothly. This only started when I started to do the Update and it stopped three quarters of the way through. No warning given. Error messages now appear when I connect the phone to Desktop Manager. It will not let me backup again, reinstall software.

The screen is white with lots of writing and the above message. After a few minutes the screen will change to App error 606 reset. This is a constant loop.

I have read all the messages and suggested fixes on the Support forums. I've applied these where I can. Now at a level of desparation as I cannot access any of my contacts, make calls, receive calls. Nothing. The phone is useless.

No one can seem to give me the help I need to rectify. I have always backed up my phone and updated when prompted with no problem. This time is has caused massive headaches.

I need my phone for my business and personal use.

PLEASE can someone help me.

Forums Advisor I
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: App error 606

Take a look at 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=42E1CBD852493298E9C210BEE88DDE94?...

If it were me I might boot in safe mode, do a full backup, then do a security wipe (selecting option to delete third party apps), then test.  If the error is resolved, then selectively restore just data (not settings) and then add only the necessary apps.  Test.  Then add the discerionary apps.

If that doesn't work, I would then do a clean reinstall of the OS.

- Ira
New Contributor
jrscmsbssrcsabs
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

I am in the exact same position. Cannot do anything, completely frozen. Always comes back to the same error message then comes to app error 606; I hit center button, the phone will restart and shows same message.
New Contributor
jrscmsbssrcsabs
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

How can I do a reinstall when everything is frozen. Removing battery didn't work.
Forums Advisor I
aiharkness

I'm winging it here:

Google BlackBerry clean install device software. Essentially you have the desktop software check for updates, it ordinarily would say you have the latest update, you click show other versions, then you select the version you already have and then click through to install it.

In your instance desktop software may not be able to communicate with your handset and then prompt you whether to fix it or not. If that is the case, select the option to fix. If all you get is an error and no option to fix, the try rebooting the device while connected to desktop manager. That may prompt the dialogue to fix the handset.

Worst case, use JL_CMDR to wipe the device and then load the OS.
- Ira
New Contributor
Bubbles25
My Device: 9900 Bold

Thank you for your help.

I have tried all of the suggestions and the phone just isn't playing fair. So I have now had to resort to buying a new phone.

Forums Advisor I
aiharkness

I should have also suggested trying the old OS. I hope you tried that. I don't think buying a new phone was the necessary solution.
- Ira
Contributor
megeres
My Device: Bold 9900

@Bubbles25

Same thing happened to me around the same date---haven't been able to use my device since. Still looking for a fix.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Cannot-Connect-Device-to-PC-to-Restore-Factor...

Mark E. Geres, Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner, PMP®, ITIL® V3 Fdn.
I'm on the Web: http://www.megeres.com
Contributor
megeres
My Device: Bold 9900

This morning my Blackberry ticket INC000027204430 was resolved and closed (HH-9900-v7.1.0.714-Bell-smartphone doesn't work after update).

Thanks to the tenacity, dedication and patience of the BlackBerry Customer Support team (1-877-255-2377) and my service provider (carrier) Bell Mobility---software issue resolved, device is now running like new again!

Outstanding troubleshooting effort and customer care by all over the past weeks!

Mark E. Geres, Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner, PMP®, ITIL® V3 Fdn.
I'm on the Web: http://www.megeres.com