Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

App of the day

It's probably not just a Bold issue, but is there anyway I can stop getting the 'App of the Day' sat there awaiting me every morning, meaning that I can't use the phone for a minute or so. I also keep getting a 'featured app' email that won't let me open the link and comes a number of times each day.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: App of the day

Can anyone help with this?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Digicel

I am also having the same nightmare with my Curve 9300!... And am surprised that there's no help for this on the internet... Not even on the blackberry forum. Someone please respond!
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Samuel540 wrote :

I am also having the same nightmare with my Curve 9300!... And am surprised that there's no help for this on the internet... Not even on the blackberry forum. Someone please respond!

Hello Samuel540

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I don't know if any help is available over internet but yes if you provide some more deteils then  here in this BlackBerry Support Community Forums we can try to help .

How many free apps do you have installed on your device apart from native BlackBerry applications.Please check the vendor details on that message and try to figure if there is any relation with the Apps you had installed on your device.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

This "App of the Day" is so irritating! PLEASE tell me how to stop it! In easy steps please not very techy! Before I throw this phone out the window!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Digicel

1 Whatsapp
2 Twitter
3 Facebook
4 Photo Editor Ultimate
5 Screen Grabber

And no... there's no relation whatsoever, but I've noticed that the "app of the day" notification has stopped and now "demo messages" has taken over.

The most recent message I got reads: "Featured App - On Sale/Message Prevue"

I'm already annoyed by the wifi sync feature that I totally regret setting up on the phone and now this.
New Contributor

Are we stuck with this?
New Contributor

Mine went away for a while then returned a few weeks ago and now happens every day. I tried removing all the Apps I'd downloaded to see if it was linked to that, but made no difference.

New Contributor

It started a couple of weeks ago when I downloaded an app, I have deleted the app but this really annoying "App of the Day" remains...can none of you techy people out there help me/us get rid of it? Please?
New Contributor

Have deleted the last app I'd downloaded (Opera Mini) - no App of the Day today! Fingers crossed xxxxxxxxx!