Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
syedquavi
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Appalled by Blackberry

My name is Syed Abdul Quavi and i have been using a Blackberry mobile handset since February 2008. I brought my Blackberry 8300 directly from Reliance and since then they have been providing me the blackberry connection service. Soon after i brough my handset i notice that when i connect to my PC using the USB cord provided the handset would connect and disconnect. i complained to Relainace but they told me to contact Reddington. When i approached reddington at Guwhati i was told that they provide service to blackberry which bears their logo or something. Reliance told me that they would replace my handset which they never did. so all through these years i build the habit of taking out my battery at night and charging it seperately by a charger. as i had no other complaint i continued to use my blackberry which had cost me about 25000 in 2008.

On the 10th of October 2012 i brought a new handset Blackberry Bold 9900 from J.M.Electronics (G.S) Guwahati. this time i made sure that i have the reddington logo etc. as luck would have it just in a few days my new handset started to give me a problem. no no reason apperent the mobile handset would restart, sometime in the middle of a call. i was frustrated and approached J.M. Electronics but the person there told me to contact Reddington. now the thought of going to reddinton and doing the whole exercise all over once again appears quite frustrating to me.

1. all i want to know is why are damaged sets sold in the guwahati assam india market.
  2. why do i have to waste time now, park my vehicle and climb all those steps to your office to get my mobile serviced.
  3. what is the problem with blackberry, please let me know if blackberry is using this frontier market to dispose off their damaged handsets.

can anyone really do something about my problem.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Appalled by Blackberry

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Redington is a contractor to BlackBerry, and apparently not a very good nor reliable contractor.

Your 9900 wasn't sold to you damaged. Your post is based on several fallacies.

If you need help here, please state clearly the issues involved and allow us to help out with the issues of the handset. We are users just like you, so there's no need to come and just bash BlackBerry, that does no good.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
syedquavi

O my god, so i cannot complain here for a handsets that was sold to me that needed repair soon after i coughed up 35000 INR i.e cool near about 800 dollars.

ok, tell me then did any of the members here had such a problem with 9900, i went to other forums and found that 9900 have this inherent problem with design. one even suggested that he applied a small pad to hold the battery to place. i did that and the problem was not resolved.

if the phone was not sold to me damaged that please that me should i continue as before and let the handset reboot perpetually.

i am happy with blackberry so i brought a second one, but i want them to sell hand sets that are reliable in a third world country. where 800 dollars is a small fortune.

sorry for the wordings.  

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

syedquavi wrote:

O my god, so i cannot complain here for a handsets that was sold to me that needed repair soon after i coughed up 35000 INR i.e cool near about 800 dollars.

Sure you can complain. I was only helping you to understand we're here to help resolve technical issues you might have have with the device. We are USERS just like you. We're here to help. Coming to complain just doesn't get far here, and if ALL you want to accomplish is to complain, then you've succeeded in that, and it is done.

Now, if you need help with the actual issue on the handset, we'd be glad to help out.

We, being users just like you, can do nothing about Redington or the such.

Understand?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
syedquavi

ok i got your point, sorry for the trouble.