Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Apps play sound thru Bluetooth headset

My GPS used to talk thru my bluetooth headset...I've since added an app called Trapster...I'd like to hear warning thru headset as well...be really nice to play streams, internet radio, and tunes thru headset as well but I've been told you have to have a stero bluetooth. Any guidance would be most appreciated.

My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Apps play sound thru Bluetooth headset

In a little under a year, after nearly 800 views, it's remarkable to me that there has been no contribution or suggestions made to this question.

I am going to Verizon in May and taking my Plantronics Voyager PRO BT headset... but tests in the retail stores have shown that music does not play through the headset - that I'd need a separate, stereo headset.  No media player, no ringtones, nothing.  In-call audio only.  If I didn't want a Blackberry and NEED Verizon's towers, this would be a deal breaker.

Is there ANYONE out there who knows of an available app - or one in development, for that matter! - that would direct music and sounds through a paired, connected headset that has the appropriate Bluetooth profiles (the Voyager PRO has them)??

Thanks.......

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

If you find something, please post it.  I too am looking for a way to listen to my music through my Bluetooth headphones.

Developer
My Device: Blackberry torch 9850

Third part app such as mediaGo will allow you to play music through your bluetooth headphones.