Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jo7
New Contributor
jo7
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Arrogant service - refusing to listen

My daughter has been having problems with her Blackberry Bold 9700 since the contract started 18 months ago.  The first time the loading symbol (black square) kept appearing on her screen so she couldn't use the phone.  This happened numerous times.   Took the phone in and was told it would have to be sent away.  Blackberry unable to repair, so sent her a reconditioned phone.  Cut a long story short, this has happened 4 times.  So the phone she has now is the 4th "reconditioned"phone - not the original one she had.  This 4th phone had a loose part at the top of the screen, where the speaker is and it came off.  Surprise surprise, the phone is still "loading" constantly.  During this time I am still paying for BBM etc which she cannot use!.  We took the phone into Vodafone who told us they would have to send it away again - we were expecting a 5th phone.  However, had a phone call from a chap yesterday who said they would charge me £75 to repair the phone as this part has been broken off.  When explained to him that we received it loose (already damaged) he just kept repeating his mantra that it was damaged and that we would have to pay £75.00. I'm sure he was putting us on mute whenever we spoke as he was justing repeating himself.  How damned arrogant of Blackberry, refusing to listen to a customer who has had nothing but problems with their product.  Basically, companies like this do not give a stuff as long as we, the customer, keep paying.  I am fed up with being ripped off by companies who refuse to take responsibility.  I cannot afford to "buy" out of the contract.  So, I have to keep paying £25 a month for services that my daughter cannot use!! When we complained to Vodafone, they tell us its a Blackberry problem, no doubt  Blackberry will say its a Vodafone problem.  So me, the customer, is still paying and the big companies still get their money.   Will not use Blackberry again.  Unfortunately, my other daughter has one and still has months and months to go.     Absolutely disgusted.  

Please use plain text.
Developer
ben1107
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: Arrogant service - refusing to listen

Hi jo7, welcome to the forum.

i'm not sure why you're experiencing the problems, could you please state the OS version your device is running on, how many applications are installed and does it have a memory card installed, if yes how big is the card.

Hope to help. :smileyhappy:
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Please use plain text.
jo7
New Contributor
jo7
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Arrogant service - refusing to listen

The phone iscompletely up to date, vodafone always check if the software is up to date or not, and they do it for you if it isnt, and they still sent it away. 

I was told wednesday that the phone would be sent back to me, after i requested, after they'd told me that they were going to charge me £75 for the top piece. 

The memory card is 2 GB.

There are only 3 downloaded apps on the phone, appart from the apps already stored on the phone- bbm etc.

Please use plain text.