Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
soolbeat
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Audio from device while headphone jack in use?

Hi I am trying to figure out if there is a way I can enable audio at the device while the headphone jack is in use. The reason is, I am using my headphone jack to record the call to an external recorder. But I of course need to be able to hear the caller too. Is there a way?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Audio from device while headphone jack in use?

It's only one output at a time.  Your recorder would need some way of outputting the sound. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JPQuiceno
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You could try a 3.5 MM splitter. One to your recorder, one to your headphones.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Hey, that's a great idea.  I gave you a kudos for that! 

I'm not sure the device has the power to do that or if that would cause any long term damage to the device but might work just fine.  :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
soolbeat
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks, I gave the splitter a try but the connectons are not working. I checked the manual for my recorder and they recommend using an ECM-TL1 headphone-type electret condenser microphone. I was surprised there wasn't a way to plug in a mic line to do this, but I think I'll give the indirect route a try. At least then I don't need to worry about losing the connection at the port.

Please use plain text.