Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

jbird_sk
My Device: Bold 9780

Audiobook Playback issues. Speed increase. Remember position OS6

I have recently gotten a Bold 9780.

1. I like to listen to audiobooks, and I have usually used an iPhone or iPod and could set the playback speed of audiobooks to be increased to about double the speed. 

I am used to this now and find the "normal" playback speed of audiobooks is waayy too slow. Any way to speed up playback without having to edit each file with audacity (set faster "tempo").

2. When I stop playback of my audiobook the position is lost the next time I go back. This is kind of expected behaviour because my audiobooks seem to be treated as music files and thus, always start from the beginning.

Is there ways to have these recognized as audiobooks where the file position is maintained?

I am using mostly m4b files from iTunes as this is what I have always used. 

Thanks for any pointers!

Jonathan

New Contributor
guyzer
My Device: Pearl 9105

Re: Audiobook Playback issues. Speed increase. Remember position OS6

would be great if anyone could answer your questions which are great.  i read somewhere about pod trapper but dont want to bother because its $10.  why pay when you can get it for free.  the bb9900 podcast player remembers locations but I need to find out how to import my m4b files into that so it will remember my place