Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BAD CRASH - Reload Software 552 and can't even connect to the desktop manager

My bold was acting strange for several days - crashing several times a day.  Now it won't even start-up - getting the "reload software 552" message.

I found a post describing a similar problem but can't get the desktop manager to even connect to the device (I do have a backup there from earlier today but now the device won't connect)

Please help - thanks in advance - stranded in Tokyo......

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BAD CRASH - Reload Software 552 and can't even connect to the desktop manager

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Use this procedure by D_FISHER to recover the device:

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BAD CRASH - Reload Software 552 and can't even connect to the desktop manager

Thanks for the advice.  While prowling around, I found the jl_cmdr and was able to successfully wipe the device, reinstall the applications and restore the data.

NOW MY PROBLEM, is that the machine still crashes every couple of minutes.  Ahhhhrrrggggghhhh......

Is there any way to identify what might be causing the problem?  I'm concerned I might have restored a file that is doing this to me....

Your help is most appreciated.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Was the device software you loaded from your carrier?

If you used another carrier's software to load you would have needed

to delete the Vendor.xml file while the software was still on the PC.

Other than that, you may want to contact your carrier.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter