Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Solutions: 6,111
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BATTERY STATUS SAYS FULL BUT PHONE SUDDENLY DRAINS

No, you put the number in the registration process where it asks for your mobile provider in the form.

Let me know about the battery.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Airtel

I dont remember putting my phone number ever, but then now I went back to the register form and noticed that my browser would autofill the form and place my mobile number against "My Mobile Provider" and that explains it. I would have never known that if it was not for you. So thanks for point that out in the first place. Really appreciate that.

I will update you about the battery. I will run the trick tonight when I reach home and will see if my blackberry survives.

New Contributor

The trick did not work. This is what I did. Plugged my phone to wall charger. Removed the battery. The phone red-led started and after some time a cross appeard on the screen indicating "No bettery". Then I put the battery.

Today morning when I woke up, I read the news for 2-3 minutes and may be 4-5 mins of youtube. When I logged into facebook after that, within 4-5 secs, the phone died with no warning. 

On my way to office, 30mins drive, it recharged completely. Interesting, at the traffic signal, I checked to see the charging level and in front of my eyes, the battery level went from yellow (10-20%) level to fully charged.

New Contributor

Just to update I have been trying this trick for several days now believing that it might work, but no luck. My BB does not event last half a day even with the new battery. I now wonder if my new bettery is fake. It is light in weight somewhat from my old battery :-)

Is this a hardware or a software problem?

Well, it if is a 'fake' battery, not OEM, I'd call that a hardware problem.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Well, the old and new battery looks exactly the name with the RIM tradmark (Made in China). Its interesting that I could not find behaviour difference between new and old battery.

One thing is very consistent. During rechange, the charging level stays below 15%[yellow color] for quite sometime (20-30 mins) and then it just goes to 100% so fast. 

During discharge, I have never seen it going below 50% ever. This is the second consistency. Looks like I only have few options. Give my battery to someone who has a bold and try out. It difficult to find one, because BB people dont like to do things like this :-) like kids.

Well, let's assume the battery is OEM and not fake.

The first rule of these Li-Ion batteries is not to consistently drain them below 15%. That kills or shortens the overall battery life quicker than normal. And yes, it is fact that charging from say ~5% to ~15% can take a while. Top off the battery during the day for 15 minutes when you can.

So, back to my instructions earlier last month. You did this "powered on and connected to charger" battery pull 3-4 times over the 3-4 days and you never noticed a difference in the charging behavior or drain?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thats correct. I have tried your steps several times of the last few weeks. I also noticed there are two variations and have tried both:

1. Pull the battery. Plug BB into wall charger --> a red LED lights up --> then put the battery in when the red-LED is stil lit up.

2. Pull the battery. Plug BB into wall charger --> a red LED lights up --> wait for some time --> BB shows a sign that indicates no bettery --> red LED goes off ---> the  put in the battery.

Ok, sorry I couldn't help you. This, as I described, has worked in the past. I am not sure why your's is different.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: ee

Hi,thankyou for this but it wont let me open the link on how to reset the blackberry battery meter, could you help?