Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jsquirej
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB 9000 red indicator light only flashes for 10 minutes?

Upon receiving a new email (for example) the red indicator light flashes. The flashing lasts about 10 minutes and then stops. I want it to flash until I access the mailbox, whether that be in 5 minutes, 25 minutes or 2 hours. I have had several BB models previously and all flashed until the mailbox was accessed regardless of the time span. Does anyone know if this is by design in the 9000?

If so this would be really inconvenient since after not using the phone say during lunch for an hour, the screen is powered down and dark, needs to be awakened, a key stroke is necessary to bring up the request for a passsword, the password has to be entered and submitted....and once accepted I then get to see the mailbox icon just to determine if I received any messages.....all wasted effort if now new messages. Not good.

I hope someone can point me to a setting to fix this but neither I nor ATT could find one.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB 9000 red indicator light only flashes for 10 minutes?

Hi and welcome to the forums! Merry Christmas!

This is a design "fact" of the phone, as I can't really call it a feature!

Try the link below to BB alerts, it has a free trail, and costs $13.00.

If you have not used Handango, they are a reputable store.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

http://www.handango.com/catalog/ProductDetails.jsp;jsessionid=1A82E8AD23F9A8033CA7751494798AA8.worke...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsquirej
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB 9000 red indicator light only flashes for 10 minutes?

Thanks for the sorry news but more kudos to you for your interest in providing a possible solution.

I can't imagine that the micro micro LED takes much juice so its a real shame that RIM took this alert out. Its a needed feature.

Please use plain text.