Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MRA7SAS
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: jj

Re: BB 9000 wont turn on - red light flashing

i instal JL_Cmder and have this broblem 80040154

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amberdsedgwick
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

this happened to me a long time ago, i was using it fine, then didnt use it for a while, the battery was well and truely dead. you need to buy a new batter for your bb. 

with my Bold 9000 i got a battery for £15 lowesdt price, but they vary, you then need to charge it for a few hours, then your good to go:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amberdsedgwick
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This happened to me last night, i was distraught cause i thought id lost everything, turns out it was easy to fix. 

-me being female im suprised i could do this without anyone- i panicked and tryed everything, charging it, battery pull, the lot. then i tryed connecting it to my computer, after a while BlackBerry Desktop Manager detected my BlackBerry Bold 9000 then asked me if i wanted to update. i did this and hey presto! im up and running again :smileyhappy:

hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
tlc12
My Device: Blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone originally, now on GiffGaff

hi where do i install it?
Please use plain text.
Visitor
khizaralilodhi
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat

Yoou mean to say there is no battery issue battery is ok??

Please use plain text.
ahmedaziz33
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: tunisiana

last night i slept with my headphones on !! today i found my BB bold 9000 (4.6) shutdown (i think the battery died) , i plugged it into the charger, the red light flashed for about 7 secondes the nothing happened ! i put the battery in a wall charger and then i plugged it to the BB, the red light flashed again then nothing happened !! i couldn't find any solution !!!! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ahmedaziz33 wrote:

last night i slept with my headphones on !! today i found my BB bold 9000 (4.6) shutdown (i think the battery died) , i plugged it into the charger, the red light flashed for about 7 secondes the nothing happened ! i put the battery in a wall charger and then i plugged it to the BB, the red light flashed again then nothing happened !! i couldn't find any solution !!!! 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asenada44
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Hi. I have the same problem with a Bold 9650. I've done the battery test with two different batteries. Both work fine in a different phone. Neither BBDesktop, BBSAK, nor JL_Cmder recognize the device.

Two slow red flashes, then four quick ones.

Anything else I can try?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

asenada44 wrote:

Hi. I have the same problem with a Bold 9650. I've done the battery test with two different batteries. Both work fine in a different phone. Neither BBDesktop, BBSAK, nor JL_Cmder recognize the device.

Two slow red flashes, then four quick ones.

Anything else I can try?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (In your situation, this may well be a moot point.)

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now, attempt the use of these tricks (if any say to use an update website, please substitute instead either the Desktop Software or LOADER.EXE):

Of course, if the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asenada44
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks. I got through all the steps, now trying these:

>> Now, attempt the use of these tricks (if any say to use an update website, please substitute

>> instead either the Desktop Software or LOADER.EXE):

>> - KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Followed the steps. BB Desktop did not detect the device so could not click Update. Launced Loader.exe which also didn't detect the device.

>> - KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Tried this and the PIN never got populated after many minutes waiting.

>> - http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

will try this after downloading an older OS just in case that does it. otherwise, I guess it's hosed?

Please use plain text.