Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
nikitshah1790
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

BB 9700 - Device does not work beyond a minute

Hi,

I updated the software of my BB Bold 9700 from ver 5.0 to ver 6.0 Bundle 2475. Now when i restart my device, it works well for around a minute but then it gets hanged and I cant use it any further. I tried connecting it with BB Desktop Software but the problem still persists. Please provide a solution for this. One of the reason for this could be inadequate phone memory. So is there any way I can get back to ver 5.0 now?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9700 - Device does not work beyond a minute

Hi nikitshah1790

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I am glad that you realise that ,yes  Bold 9700 will have issue if you install OS6 because it lack memory to handle OS6, I prefer OS5 which runs well and you won't face the problem you are having now over OS6.If you want to Downgrade to OS5 you can do that ,But first Uninstall any OS pack from your PC ,On your PC Go to Control panel > Add or remove or Uninstall programme > remove any BlackBerry OS files from there , then try it like this :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS 5  from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) You can skip step # 3 if you are downloading OS pack from your own Carrier:

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

So please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
nikitshah1790
My Device: Bold 9700

Thanks a lot. By the time you replied, I deleted a few applications and now I've around 15 MB of free device memory. But I am unable to access facebook application and also I can't locate BB Appworld. Also I'd like to know how much sufficient free device memory should I keep at all times so that the device can work well with OS 6.0. Now that I'm using OS 6.0, would OS 5.0 be deleted automatically or do I need to do something to remove it? Also provide a few tips to free my device memory. Thanks in advance.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi nikitshah1790

Its a user choice if he want to stay on OS6 on his bold 9700, but 15 MB is not quit a good memory to run your BlackBerry Device , you can't open multiple tab on your browser at a time or can't  run more then two applications at an instance or else your device will freeze or hang . 

You can try removing any unused Language packs from your device ,it will give a few memory.enable media card support on your device , also do regular backup of all your messages or emails and delete all old messages at a regular interval , or else they will be deleted from the device because of low memory.Please go through this Knowledge Base on how to increase free memory :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Once you had install OS 6 on your device previous OS 5 is no more on your device its was deleted automatically. After any OS update we should try those below mentioned step which  I think it will fix all your problem related to device connectivety to your network.

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back   

Try it and let us know.And you can always revert to previous OS when you feel its necessary.

Prince