Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Swanniebraai
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

BB 9700 Screen problems

Hi all!

Please help me!

I have my BB Bold now for 2 months. Bought it with a "Calabash" magnetic hipster pouch. No problems at 1st untill 2 weeks ago.

Whenever I take the phone out of the pich, the screen goes blank and then I have to press the keylock on and off to get the screen readbale again.

What is funny is that I can take the phone 10 times in and out of its BB magnetic pouch without any problems.

Now here is even more funny stuff.

When I touch the BB  with either of the sides against the magnets in the hipster pouch, all works well, scren goes dead and comes on normal but just let me put the phone inside the pouch and  take it out again,  screen blank or whitish again.

Im stunned and just like to know of someone experienced the same problem yet?

Thx so much for your help!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB 9700 Screen problems

try the factory holster that came with it for a day and see if it persists.

might be a magnet placement issue

also at night see if the screen really goes off when in the pouch.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Swanniebraai

Knotty, thx for the advice, will try it. The thing is that my wife's 9700 does not doit at all in my hip pouch. So I wonder if  the magnets in the hipster  could  have sort  of "influenced" my BB since I had it longer in the pouch than my wife's? Really funny scenario to me, hehe!

Please use plain text.
embreyo3000
My Device: Not Specified

I have had the same problem with my 2 month old 9700 from AT&T. Mine would flip out when I pull it out of the otter case holster and if I would return it to the holster and pull it back out, then it it would be ok. At first it was every other time I pulled it out of the holder bit then it was more often and over the course of 8 hours the screen was stuck permently with multi-color lines vertically and was completely unreadable. I called my provider and it was replaced.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Swanniebraai

Thex Embreyo, I also did send it in for repair or replacement, seems like now and then it is an issueon the 9700, so they  say.

Will see what RIM does .. .thx so much! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.