Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shchabok
My Device: 9700 Bold

Re: BB 9700 can't see contact's name on SMS/mms

Hi, I got the same issue, My version is  5.0.0.351, I just has installed the desktop software and sync my bb, by still the same, any idea what should I do? Thanks

Please use plain text.
VPNMatt
My Device: Bold 9700

This is crazy! I have too have the latest firmware available through the Desktop Manager (5.0.0.330) and I still have a problem.

If I start the converstation it is fine and shows up correctly, but if someone else texts me first, it shows up with +1XXXXXXXXXX.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BENJMNS
My Device: 9700

I have the 9700 and have contacts in my Outlook Exchange ... running into the same issue.

Please use plain text.
Deimos
My Device: 9700 Bold

Re: BB 9700 can't see contact's name on sms/mms

I got the same problem.  Actually, my device DEVELOPED this problem.  It was working fine until a few days ago...

I got version 5.0.0.405

Gus

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
E92Vancouver
My Device: Torch 9800

Do one of the following to fix this problem:

1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone Dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.

Set your country code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.

• In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your loca area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).

2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.

• For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".

3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.

Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.

Please use plain text.
rjbnyc2000
My Device: Curve

on your BB, go to the contact and edit the phone number to remove all "(" and "-".  it is a complete pain to do it manually but it will make the contact's name show up in SMS or MMS mode...

Please use plain text.
suhas_gates
My Device: 9700

BB 9700 can't see contact's name on incoming calls.

Hi There,

This is becoming a major issue as I dont get to know who is calling even though I have the number saved.

I have tried saving the numbers with out the country code and also with the country code but all in vain i also have tried the suggested solutions on the forum but still have issue plz help me out with this..

Cheers,

SUhas

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 9700 can't see contact's name on incoming calls.

There could be any one of four solutions... Try these:
1. Make sure you set your own country code at Phone dialer Screen > Options > Smart dialing.
Set your Country Code in this format: "+xx" where xx = your country code. Some countries have two or three digit Country Codes. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* In the US, set this Country Code as "+1", and place your local area code in the proper box (this normally the default setting in a new BB).

2. At the same location, change the National Number Length to the number of digits for your country (since some countries will have less than 10 as set as the default in the BB). Find out the total digits, minus the country code. Do not place the '+' in your contact's entry.
* For example, some countries have a total number to 8 (plus 3 for country code). You would enter "8".

3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book.
OS5 devices: Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO.
OS6 devices: Homescreen > Options > Security > Encryption > UNcheck the box next to Encrypt.

4. Go to Options on your device > Security Options > Encryption > Include contacts set to "No"

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.