Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

BB 9700 keeps rebooting automatically

My BB 9700 keeps on rebooting automatically for several times now. I'm very anxious about my phone condition. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB 9700 keeps rebooting automatically

Hi there,

If your phone is continuously rebooting and won't actually restart, you likely have a software problem on the phone. If this started after installing an application, try restarting the phone in safe mode using the info in the following link and delete that application:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

If that doesn't work, you may need to reload the software on your device. To do that, follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

In some cases, your computer might have difficulties seeing your phone in step 2 of those instructions. If that happens, unplug the phone from the computer, remove the battery, then plug the phone back in. As soon as you see your PIN or PIN:UNKNOWN pop up, click next. If you miss it, no worries, just unplug the phone and plug it back in again. Once your computer sees your phone, you can put the battery back in and proceed with reloading the software on the device.

I hope this info helps and please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

My phone unit blackberry bold 9700. I'm having difficulty in updating my phone. I updated my software yesterday then it continuously rebooting again and again. I'm still trying to repair my phone until now, but it get worsen. While loading the software, there is unknown error.
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Did you try the steps in the link I posted above? Let me know exactly what steps you've tried so far so that we can try other steps as needed. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

The problem on my phone now, is that it didn't open since yesterday. It has a red light above blinking. When Updating my software, there's always an error (unspecified error). I'm really anxious, i don't know what to do on my phone.
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Im stuck too !!

When I try updating the software following all the steps, when it starts initializing and then reconnects to the jvm it looses connection with the phone. My USB cable is working perfectly fine and so is my laptop ? Im guessing its the software ? :Censored:

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

mariakrhistina wrote:
The problem on my phone now, is that it didn't open since yesterday. It has a red light above blinking. When Updating my software, there's always an error (unspecified error). I'm really anxious, i don't know what to do on my phone.

Follow the below to wipe your phone. Please note that you'll lose all of your device data.

Then as krypto mentioned follow the steps to upgrade/reinstall your device OS.

·         How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II

Re: Im stuck too !!

Riz2012 wrote:

When I try updating the software following all the steps, when it starts initializing and then reconnects to the jvm it looses connection with the phone. My USB cable is working perfectly fine and so is my laptop ? Im guessing its the software ? :Censored:

Hi Riz2012,

It's always good to start a new thread mentioning your problem. Anyway, please follow the above instruction to wipe your phone. This is erase all device data and OS. Then follow the steps mentioned by krypto to reload OS in your device.

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor

I try to update again my software last night, . But last night I pull out my battery while updating my software, and it works successfully. I still monitor my phone if it will automatically reboot again, but it did for few times last night but right now it didn't. The problem right now is that it doesn't connect to WiFi.
Elite II

Are you getting any error prompt?

tanzim