Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gandawlf
My Device: BB 9700 Onyx

BB 9700 upgrade to OS 6 app error 602

Logged on to desktop with phone. Suggested upgrade to OS 6. Did so. Now phone screen is stuck on APP ERROR 602.

What to do now?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: BB 9700 upgrade to OS 6 app error 602

Plug your phone back in to BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device at the top of the software then click Update and revert back to the former OS you had before installing OS 6.  I'll tell you right now that OS 6 does NOT belong on a 9700, even if it's offered by RIM.  Keeping it on your phone will give you nothing but headaches.

If, after plugging your phone in to BDS, your phone is not recognized by it (which might happen if the OS did not get installed properly), have a look at this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB 9700 upgrade to OS 6 app error 602

Most of my friends had the 9700 and based on their experience, it's better off on OS5 than OS6.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter