Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
infofitz
My Device: Bold 9780

BB 9780 Number Daisplay Issue

Hi, my 9780 doesn't show number display nor able to call new numbers. I can only call numbers that are already saved in contacts. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9780 Number Daisplay Issue

Hi infofitz

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

On your device Homescreen Go to Options  > Security > Encryption > Unmark " Include Contacts " field . See it that helps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
infofitz
My Device: Bold 9780

Hi, Unfortuantely that didn't resolve the issue. It seems to be an issue with the way in which the keypad is now configured; for example when I individually press the numbers 1,2,3,6 & 7 nothing happens at all. When i press 5 it goes to memoPad, 8 goes to Windows live messenger and 9 goes to Contacts..

Any further help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

infofitz wrote:

Hi, Unfortuantely that didn't resolve the issue. It seems to be an issue with the way in which the keypad is now configured;

Who configured your keyboard ?

infofitz wrote:

for example when I individually press the numbers 1,2,3,6 & 7 nothing happens at all. When i press 5 it goes to memoPad, 8 goes to Windows live messenger and 9 goes to Contacts..

Sorry ... But I never seen such shortcuts ! 

If you already tried a battery pull restart  and not sure about the cause  then do a backup of your device and perform a security wipe within your device .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.