Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

BB 9780 ( soft 6.0 2647)+ SKYPE

good day people.
From what I could find, it is possible to use Skype on this model. it?
Someone can confirm this?
Is there an alternative to continue using Skype on this model?
thank you very much

Solutions: 6,113
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 9780 ( soft 6.0 2647)+ SKYPE

the_jhonny wrote:

From what I could find, it is possible to use Skype on this model. it?

Where did you find it is possible? Please post a link.

It is not possible to install Skype or use Skype on any BlackBerry other than if Verizon is your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Movistar

Translation Error, sorry. can not install. The question is there any way to install it?
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: TIM

The one way to install skype is to buy another phone. I am doing it! this will be the one and the last blackberry in my life. It's an old and closed platform and there is not added value compared to android and the new z10 it is another (and expensive) hole in the water.Blackberry is dead.

mauro67 wrote:
The one way to install skype is to buy another phone. I am doing it! this will be the one and the last blackberry in my life. It's an old and closed platform and there is not added value compared to android and the new z10 it is another (and expensive) hole in the water.Blackberry is dead.

mauro67, you're one of those negative holdouts who just wants to see BlackBerry dead.

Sorry, you're about four years late on your 'BlackBerry is dead" prediction.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

It can be true, but at the same time I invite you to take a look to the performance of Blackberry products in the global market. All the products wich are enclosed in "jailed" platforms are condemnded. The same assertition involves the Apple platform. They are still not died because of the hardware fashion and quality, but in the next future they can alive only getting money from hardware and sw rights violations : )

mauro67 wrote:
It can be true, but at the same time I invite you to take a look to the performance of Blackberry products in the global market. All the products wich are enclosed in "jailed" platforms are condemnded. The same assertition involves the Apple platform. They are still not died because of the hardware fashion and quality, but in the next future they can alive only getting money from hardware and sw rights violations : )

Invite me to look? You're assuming I have not noticed that that BlackBerry lives on with over 75 million worldwide users and in the past quarter has outsold other Platforms in the UK and stats indicate that in some countries 60% of the new buyers of the BlackBerry10 devices are moving from iOS and Android?

You do realize this is a BlackBerry forum. Don't expect to come here and spout your negative non-sense and not be challenged on it. if you want to proclaim BlackBerry dead, it makes me wonder why they are still posting profits.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The time is the better judge. We can wait. Non-sense for me is spending so much money buying a blackberry phone and realizing that all my friends can use voip on android 100€ phones, for example, and I can't do it. The same situation when, trying to exchange music or other with bluetooth, iPhones users cannot do it because they are obliged to download and pay from itunes. I understand you take money from BB but I think the time to make money closing customers in a jailed platform is ended. Good luck, and remember I didn't offend anybody. THERE IS PROGRESS ONLY WHEN IT IS FOR ALL.

You're making yourself look silly.

mauro67 wrote:
 I understand you take money from BB but I think the time to make money closing customers in a jailed platform is ended. .

That for one is a lie. You're just making things up. I am a user just like you.

mauro67 wrote:
The time is the better judge. We can wait.

Time has judged BlackBerry. When you and others said "BlackBerry is dead" three and four years ago, time has judged that BlackBerry is still profitable.

mauro67 wrote:
The same situation when, trying to exchange music or other with bluetooth, iPhones users cannot do it because they are obliged to download and pay from itunes.

Sure, if you want a phone just to exchange stolen, pirated music your friends stole from the artist, have at it. That's your character if you believe thievery is acceptable.

mauro67 wrote:
 and realizing that all my friends can use voip on android 100€ phones, for example, and I can't do it. .

Again, you have no facts. BlackBerry10 does VOIP quite well. If you're using an older device that doesn't, get with the modern times.

And, if you can stand Android being so ridden with malware and virus, have fun.

Just don't come around here expecting to make malicious and lying statements and not be challenged.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Blackberry is navigating in dirty waters, all the world knows its bad economics. Push mail it is not an added value because the technologic problem dosn't exist more for all brands . I think the future is in the open Os. About viruses, is it possible, speaking about MONEY, that someone is interested to damage others having open platforms implementing them. Well, i'm tired now, surely you'll want to add a post after this but remember: PEOPLE IS NOT STUPID and THERE IS REAL PROGRESS WHEN IT IS FOR ALL. This is the way, this is the future. Bye