Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

samueltummala
My Device: Bold 9790

BB 9790- Recurring Issues

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought my BB9790, 7 months ago.

In this time I have had 4 instances where I had to leave my phone at the service center.

1. Earpiece stopped working

2. Touchscreen stopped working

3. Phone became unresponsive

4. Screen stopped working (now)

Everytime I had a problem, I had to leave teh phone at the service center and be without a phone for 7-10 days

BlackBerry being a business phone is to keep me in business and not OUT OF IT.

I have lost trust in the model and am looking for a solution from RIM.

Regards,
Samuel 

[personal information removed]

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB 9790- Recurring Issues

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

samueltummala wrote:

I have lost trust in the model and am looking for a solution from RIM.

Just to set your expectations...

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your service center...even if they so far have been unable to help you. As per the contract you signed, you have no free path by which to bypass them. This forum is not a channel for any communications with, escalations to, nor formal support from RIM...such was presented to you when you signed up here, btw...

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code