Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
rhejbaloro
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

BB 9790 keeps on having jvm errors!

Arggggh!

Im getting tired of this!

Though i know how to fix my blackberry, but im tired of seeing my 9790 goes jvm error for like everyday :smileysad:

Sometimes it reboots by itself then boom! JVM ERROR 545, or 517 or 104 and everything!

Whats the best thing to do to stop this problem????

Do i need to reprogram it????

i need an answer :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB 9790 keeps on having jvm errors!

I would start by making a full backup if you can with BB Desktop Software. Instructions are here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12487

Once your backup is made you'll want to do a full security wipe of the device, including 3rd party apps. Below are instructions on how to do the wipe.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Once the wipe is done see how the device acts. If the problems appear to be gone then restore the backup you made. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
katrina_2900
My Device: Bold 9790

I would love to start by doing a full backup but desktop manager says it cannot communicate with the connected device. Is there any way around that so i can do a backup. I have data on my phone i would really love to retrieve.

Help!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you can't make the backup then your data is likely lost. You will need to just do the wipe and then reload the OS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
durgakonhar
My Device: bold 9790

I am facing the same problem. Mine was not switching on n everytime the same jvm error 545 comes up. its not getting read by the desktop manager. how to get the backup data n how to switch on this bold 9790????
Please use plain text.
smdodgson45
My Device: Torch 9810

HI EVERYONE...... I TO AM HAVING JVM 517 ERROR HAVE READ THIS SITE TO TRY AND RESLOVE THE ISSUE BUT THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS I CAN NOT GET THE PHONE TO CONNECT TO BB DESKTOP MANAGER FOR ME TO ME ABLE TO REINSTALL THE THE DEVICE'S OS I HAVE TRY PRESSING THE RESET BUTTON UNDER THE ERROR MSG ON THE PHONE BUT THAT JUST REBOOTS HABDSET AND TAKES ME BACK TO THE WHITE SCREEN

HOPE SOME ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME HELP

Please use plain text.