Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
buzzlight
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Rogers

BB 9900 Bluetooth will no longer Auto Pair after OS 7.1 Update

My Bold 9900 would always auto pair with my car stereo Bluetooth ever since the first time I got it at the end of April. Then towards the end of June my device prompted me to download OS 7.1. I did this. One of the problems that started occurring was it would no longer Auto Pair with my car stereo Bluetooth. I contacted my Service Provider and we reloaded OS 7.1 numerous times. That wasn't successful and so it went in for authorized RIM warranty service for repair. While it was in the shop for a week I used my old Curve 9300 with the same SIM card and Apps and Bluetooth was autopairing continually without a problem to the same car stereo/ When I got my device back from the shop (they said it was fine) it autopaired with the Bluetooth the first couple of times just fine and then stopped working again. I called my service provider back and again we reloaded OS 7.1 and that still did not fix it. So, my service provider sent me a warranty replacement BB 9900 and I began using it and for the first half day it auto paired and now this new one has started doing the same thing "Pairing Failed" on both the Stereo and the BB 9900. My Bluetooth settings are Bluetooth "on" and discoverable "yes". The BB 9900 and the Car Stereo both show up in each other's menu of devices. In my jurisdiction you can not drive and hold your cell phone in your hand so I need my Bluetooth as I do a lot of business on the road.

Can somebody please help as I am at my wits end with Blackberry I have spent so much time trying to fix this and I need my Smartphone for business and family.?

Please use plain text.
abowerbank
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 4165683533

Re: BB 9900 Bluetooth will no longer Auto Pair after OS 7.1 Update

I am having the exact same problem, even took my car into the dealer to make sure no issues there. It is definitely my 9900..
Please use plain text.
kernowman
My Device: mobile 9900
My Carrier: O2

i have found  i can no longer use  with my phone in the car since the last update

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buzzlight
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Rogers

Subsequent to my posting above I spent a great deal of time on the phone with both my Wireless Providers Technical Support and RIM Technical Support. While RIM technical support worked very hard with me to resolve the problem they were unable to do so other than to tell me to downgrade my OS on my BB to 7.0. They also said it was up to my Auto Manufacturer to update their software in my Stereo to work with newer editions of Bluetooth. After contacting my Automaker they advised they have no way to update their in car Stereo Bluetooth software. So, basically RIM in not making Bluetooth Software in it's devices backwards compatable is suggesting we go out and buy a new car everytime they update their Bluetooth Software. As I can't afford that I am a little peeved as built in Bluetooth is one feature I wanted in a car to keep me safe in my hours on the road and now it's useless.

I want to stay with Blackberry so please RIM in BB10 make Bluetooth Software backwards compatable or I may have to go to another smartphone that does.
Please use plain text.