Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
timbo79
My Device: 9900 bold
My Carrier: ATT

BB 9900 Bold keyboard problems

[ Edited ]

7.1 OS ATT

2nd BB 9900 in a year with keyboard problem.

1st one was replaced under warrenty, 2nd phone only had 3 months remaining warrenty, expired a month ago.

I love this phone to much to just give up on it & it also is to expensive to throw away, yet without a working keyboard.......

Moisture is not the issue. Seems the ALT key sticks?

Is there a fix I can do for this?

I have not taken it apart yet, is the cable connection really that common of a fix?

does replacing the keyboard trac pad fix the problem?

If it will, where it best place to get parts.

Thanks in advance!

Edited to correct 7.0 to 7.1 OS version software. Opps.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB 9900 Bold keyboard problems

Hi timbo79

As you are running OS7.0 . I prefer you should try Updating your device OS to 7.1 which is the recent for your BlackBerry Bold 9900 before considering it as an hardware issue.Do you device Backup and then try Updating your Device software using BlackBerry Desktop Software .

If that does not help then you can move forward for other Options like replacing your Device trackpad. So give a try  :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
timbo79

Thanks for catching that prince2012, my bad. The phone is running 7.1 version.

What are your thoughts on source for parts & chance of success?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi timbo79

Its alright, If you're having 7.1 then  try reloading your device OS to rule out any software issue, check this knowledge base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

If that fails then the next option is to visit any repair shop and replace your device keypad and those parts are available or you can get them on amazon.com or any other online shop.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
timbo79

Again, my bad, I left out the detail that I had already visted, read forums & updated hoping to resolve this dang keyboard porblem.

I am not finding a "local" repair shop, I am not a phone technition or similar, but I am desperate enough to learn.

Where could I find genuine OEM quality replacement parts? I would hate to buy old parts just like mine.

Anyone have any encouragement on a real solution for this keyboard issue?

Anyone had success?

I did talk to the RIM tech support & he stated I must work through my provider, ATT. I am out of warrenty & they want me to upgrade of course.

I am getting discouraged & beginning to think my only option is not a blackberry. :-(

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Please use plain text.