Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Brian-R
My Device: 9900

BB 9900 Dead after charging no LED

[ Edited ]

Seems I got bit by the "Don't let the battery die" bug.

Used my BB well into the Red this weekend, threw it on the charger over night. In the morning I had a green LED, went to turn it on, flashed red once and now dead.

Software version is 7.1.0.523 looks like the last contact with the BES was about 3 hours after it was placed on the charger.   Was told since its 2 years old there is no warranty or exchange (which BTW is **bleep** since this is a known issue)

I have tried different chargers, different batteries, take the battery out, etc etc etc. I have a few of these I manage through BES, unfortunately I do not have any spares of the 9900. But at least I could use the battery out of a couple to test with.

I combed threw all the posts I could find on here, but they all seem to be geared toward a BB that still has some lights flashing and not one that is completely dead.

Anyone know how I can go about getting this repaired/replaced or even swapped with a refurbished phone? My carrier no longer has the 9900's and I am not a fan of the Q/Z10. Thanks in advance Brian

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbbruce
My Device: Blackberry 9900 Bold

Re: BB 9900 Dead after charging no LED

I have the same problem. I went to Cell Phone Repair and for $90 they will reload the software. But all of the files get lost. Seems like a lose lose situation..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brian-R

Well if I could get the thing to talk to my computer I could reload it myself, there is no activity from the BB.  Its dead.

I talked to a local shop here and a used one runs $200.

Oh the joy.

On the plus side Being the only IT guy for the agency, its nice not being on call!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brian-R

[ Edited ]

Does anyone happen to know the contact info for BB hardware repair? Or even customer care?

My vendor is pretty worthless as its "out of warranty" even though its a known and acknowledged hardware/software bug.

Thanks

Brian

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbbruce
My Device: Blackberry 9900 Bold

I agree. 

My service provider is not at all helpful.

Certainly no geniuses there.

In fact I was tempted to go to see a genius to see if they had any suggestions.

Please use plain text.