Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ryanbbcurve9300
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

BB 9900 and OS7 Issues

My issues on the Blackberry 9900:

1.  Convenience Key -- why reduce to one convenience key from two?  I'm extremely dependent on having two convenience keys.  This is supposed to be a top-of-the-line business phone and I feel shortchanged by RIM.

2.  Mute Button -- did RIM really have to locate this button between volume increase and decrease buttons? Surely I could retrain my muscles but it's a real hassle.  I've accidentally hit the volume increase button several times since buying my unit when my intention was to mute.

3.  Battery life -- extremely pathetic.  As mentioned earlier, this is supposed to be a top-of-the-line business phone.  I can't get thru the day with a midday recharge.

My issues on OS 7:

1.  Calendar -- I was hoping RIM would correct this problem as I had the same complaint with OS6... I like being able to see as much of the day as possible.  With OS6 and OS7, all I can see is 4 or 5 hours of the day at most.  With OS5 and earlier versions, I could see 8 or 9 hours of the day meaning I could make do with less scrolling.  In addition, when using daily "Daily View", do we really need the preview function when I highlight an existing appointment?  Some may appreciate it this but I don't.  It is like telling me the same thing twice and taking up very precious screen real estate.  It would be great if I could turn this option off.  When using the "Weekly View"... why are the hourly increments so huge? They don't contain any information on appointments... so graphically this could be reduce so we can see more hours of the week at a time.  The preview function here would be appreciated as I highlight the block times to get details of the appointment.

2.  Messages -- why did RIM remove the "Display Message Header On" option in OS7?  This option (I would select "1 line") was great to have since I like to preview as many of my messages as possible.  I understand many like to the "2 lines" option.  RIM should have continued to give its users the flexibility to select their preference.  Instead, the default is now "2 lines".
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 9900 and OS7 Issues

1. Yea, but too late, it's already been manufactured with one.
  2. see #1
  3. There ways to increase battery life, discussed in many threads here. Drain your battery to 5-10% and recharge FULLY about 7-8x in a row over a few days. That should 'reset' the on-device battery meter to more accurately reflect the charge left on your device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.