Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Mobistar

BB 9900 reboots all the time since 2 weeks ; even after restore on new device !

Dear forum members,

I have had blackberry devices for many years and I am a BB fan. 

Using a 9900 for over a year now and never had problems with it ! until now....

Since 2 weeks it is rebooting several times a day, sometimes 2x per day, sometimes 10x per hour.  

It reboots by itself, both when it is just on my desk but also very often when I am using it and puch a button or start something : read an email, try to call,.. like if it needs to start a process or get memory.

I now only use it as a phone, smstext and email. 

It started with the battery being drained about 2x faster than usual.  

Next day it lost all contacts ; A day later it lost all pictures 

Tried many things to pinpoint  the problem : 

install latest fixes (for BB OS and BB Desktop ) ; 

uninstall whatsapp ; 

new battery ! ; 

get advise from the retail show where I bought it but decided not to leave it there ;

Took another nearly brandnew 9900 that never had problemns ; whiped that new 9900 ; 

restored my data from a blackberry backup to the new device and goess what … :</ 

Same issue on the new 9900 device ! ;

the new 9900 has no additional apps at all ;  only used as a phone, text, email

changed the SIM card for a new one SIM with same carrier ; 

switch off wifi ; 

checked with other BB users on same carrier in the same building (mobistar, BE) ;

After a reboot it sometimes seems to be confused about new emails have arrived on all accounts.

Looks like a software bug in the os, are there any options for gathereing more diagnostics ? like error logs, event viewer or take a trace... ?  It has 6MB, no SD card and currently 132MB available memory. OS is 7.1 bundel 2061 (V7.1.0.714)

Please advise, my 9900 has become hardly unusable. 

Thanks, Eric

My Carrier: att

Re: BB 9900 reboots all the time since 2 weeks ; even after restore on new device !

I have the same problem and am at loss as to what to do. I am thinking of just going to another phone maker

It is just very frustrating

New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobistar

Re: BB 9900 reboots all the time since 2 weeks ; even after restore on new device !

Update :

The bug could be related to a process using he SIM card : 

Changed the SIM on 1 of the previously faulty 9900 handhelds to an inactive SIM so it can still be used but only be for email etc over wifi. 

That 9900 has been up and running for more than 3 days now.    :<)

But without a SIM card you cannot make phonecalls or sms/text so the 9900 is still pretty useless. :</

In 1 of the mobistar shops they mentioned they did have quite a few similar cases and BBs in repair ! 

I would have expected some response from the BB support lab.  

Or should I post this issue somewhere else ?  

Thanks,

Eric