Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
vish2012
My Device: 9900

BB 9900

hi,

i recently upgraded from BB 8900 to BB 9900.. a superb phone but shallow battery life. If you people have any tips and tricks specific to this model please share.

regards

Vishal Arora

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 9900

The battery tips for the 9900 would mirror that of any other models... the Li-Ion battery should server you well over a couple of days without charging under moderate usage. I've seen a number of users reporting good battery life on this device, and only a few reporting less than optimum battery life.

You might gain some insight in this blog post.

Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dazza73
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Rim need 2 sort this new phone more features smaller battery it makes no sence ???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TheRanker
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I also recently upgraded to the Bold 9900 on Bell network.... and the battery out of box battery life was full charge at 8am.. Dead battery at 10pm.. That's 14 hours... Only text and facebook was used... this is HORIBBLE. cant get 15 hours out of a battery for a smartphone that got os7 ??? wtf man.

Please use plain text.
deabs07
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I have horrible battery life with mine as well, finding it dead within 7-9 hours. I love the phone otherwise and all other features of it. from what i've been reading around the various forums, it seems this shallow battery life isn't common among everyone but a select group that is having the issue while everyone else is experiencing great battery life.

is it possible the issue could be caused by bad batches of batteries supplied to a group of the phones? it seems extremely odd to me that it would be the 2 extremes, all stories I've seen are either great battery life (2 days straight) or extremely bad (like my case, 6 hours)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmcgregor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: bell mobility

Same issues with mine. Dead within 7 hours. I installed a battery tracking app and I can see how quickly the % decreases. Does anyone have a phone number for RIM support as opposed to the Mobile provider?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nmcgregor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: bell mobility

Hold tight. Help is coming.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ciossi
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: TIM ITA

I think that everybody hopes a solution for battery short life problem. I bought the BB9900 4 days ago and I have the same problem.

I always considered that the best attribute of BlackBerry smatphones was their long life battery. It is a big RIM's failure. I hope they will find an OS / firmware solution, or also, they suggest a new high capacity battery.

Rim: we are waiting for your reply!

Bye everybody.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dazza73

I do not think RIM see it as a problem the battery is only a little bit stronger than the 9300-8520 and I can not see RIM giving out new batteries so it will be down to a Os update
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
dazza73

20% after 14hrs not bad
Please use plain text.