Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
devensg
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB App World icon missing

[ Edited ]

Hi,

upgraded bb app world ver 4.0.0.63 today and now not able to see the app icon. it's not hidden nor is lying in any of the folders as i have checked the same. the application is visible in the options->device->application management. Help please

Regards,

Deven

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kris2
My Device: Bberry bold 9870

Re: BB App World icon missing

Hi, 

same problem as yours...anyone can help, please?

Cristina

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi,

Follow the below steps -

• Go to Options > Device > Applications and scroll the AppWorld application and don't click on it, just scroll to it. Click Menu > Delete and remove the application.
  • Now, do a reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  • Finally, use your BlackBerry browser to go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download/install the AppWorld application again.
  • After installation and possibly another reboot, check your homescreen or another folder, or Downloads folder for the application.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
devensg
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Tried Taznim's way but still not resolved. Help
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Check the knowledge-base article on this issue -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63

Also if you would like to go back to the old App World version then try the following link -

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kris2

Thank you very much!

I managed to download App World following the fourth of the steps suggested by KB29422.

But the problem seems not to be completely solved. Although the App World icon is not missing any more, this version of App World does not recognize the Applications that I've already downloaded on my Bberry from the App World. In particular, this means that App World is not alerting me any more about eventual upgrades available.

How is this to explain and solve? Thank you again for the past help and thank you in advance for you further help!

Cristina

P.s. I'm experiencing many problems after the download of the upgrades of many Apps (in particular WhatsApp, App World). Do you consider that an upgrade of the firmware could solve some of these problems...? Can you suggest a safe way to upgrade the firmware? I would not do that by myself...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Hi,

Check the below KB article -

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kris2

Thank you Tanzim for your suggestion.

I would like to be sure to have clearly explained my problem with AppWorld.

The version I have now on my telephone is 4.0.0.55. This version does not show me the Apps which I have already downloaded, in the past, from AppWorld (Whatsapp, Shazam, Bberry Protect, etc.)

These Applications are still running on my Bberry, although AppWorld does not "see" them. 

I would like to know if there is a way to make AppWorld including again the Apps which have been already downloaded, in order to have them listed again in the section "My World" of AppWorld. (I think that I should download again the Apps from AppWorld, but I fear to have problems with the updated versions of these Apps, as it recently has very often happened to me. For example, tha last two updates of Whatsapp, interrupted the BIS).

In other words, I suspect that the cache has been already cancelled during the download of AppWorld 4.0.0.55.

Thank you in advance for your kind comments.

Cristina

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim

Hi,

Check the below KB article -

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

tanzim                                                                                  

Please use plain text.