Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bottlecaptees
My Device: Not Specified

BB BOLD Rogers NO DATA ISSUE

Hey everyone, ok i have a BB BOLD and i have a data plan and all that i have been on the phone with rogers 3 times and thy can not get data to work on mu phone no matter what they try. I can see others are having this issue but no one is saying how to fix it. If i take my sim card and drop it in another bold data works fine. They say its not a hardware issue as i would have problems with other things not just data.

Data is turned on

only get edge

on 3G i get no data

have done all the test and stuff nothing fixes the issue.

Any ideas or anyone have this issue and fixed it?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BB BOLD Rogers NO DATA ISSUE

Not sure how much you or the carrier did, but try some of the thing recommend in this post.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8700&thread.id=1125&view=by_date_asce...

Usually is a carrier issue, and someone that knows where to go on your account can enable the data part

Let us know if you tried anything in that post already

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think the carriers logic is a little fuzzy there. If your sim works fine in another bold, then that would say there is something wrong with

yours. Reverse the process and see if another sim works in yours. I would bet it doesn't.

That leaves your phone with either a hardware problem or software setup problem.

Can you repeat the test with Rogers?

Let us know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bottlecaptees

ya if i put another sim in this phone it still dosnt work. I have wiped t phone and done a firm/w upgrade and still nothing. called rim and they say the pin is  not provisiond properlybut roger says it is. no sure if it was a BIS or a BES phone to start with so not sure if that is an issue.

But i wold told that if it was the phone tt wa notwking other things would not e working also.

so no clue.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Your phone your sim = bad

Your phone new sim  = bad

Other phone your sim=good

Your phone new OS  = bad

Common: Your phone.

Logically you have one of the three:

1. Device Hardware problem, affecting transmission, seating of sim etc.

(carrier assumption that hardware problem has to affect all of the phone, incorrect)

2. Pin not provisioned correctly

3. Device not provisioned correctly, or at all.

Have Rogers second level support open a ticket with RIM and participate in troubleshooting.

Hope this helps,

If you need more info please ask!  If not please resolve the thread using the options by the Kudos’ star, Just place the check in the Post that answered your question, Thanks  

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
ttusqrl

Hey Bottle, I'm actually having the same issue on my AT&T Bold at the moment.  I've spend at least 6 hours on the phone with them and they have basically told me that there are 3 systems that they utilize -- 2 of those have the correct PIN (the Bold's) but the provisioning system still has my old Curve's PIN.  We have tried everything to get it working but to no avail.  I had their 3rd tier support call me today and try to replace my service books and HRT's but that still didn't work.  The next time I talk to them I will be asking for a new phone to be shipped to me and I will give them my old one...I just hope they go along with it.

Please let me know if you find the root cause of your issue.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.