Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
shaughne
My Device: Not Specified

BB BOLD - Sync'ing Calendar only items

Thank you URUMilton and JSanders for trying to help.

My issue is this:

1.  I've uninstalled OLD BB software and uploaded NEW v4.6 software from site URUMilton suggested.

2.  When sync'ing Outlook 07 and BB, some calendar items STILL are on BB and NOT Outlook. I've even gone to the extreme of marking "all future" items instead of "all items" in the calendar section of Synchronization and sync'ing again.  I've lost all of my recurring B'days and etc. on both.  I've reset config, and done everything I can think of...also...I do see a NEW item on BB when viewing ANY calendar item.  Click on Appt., options Desktop, Device, e-mail addresses, this is BRAND new and I think this is where they are DUPLICATING some items from Desktop and Device INSTEAD of merging them as I've requested.

3.  Any ideas?  Hate not having this working properly, as I love it!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BB BOLD - Sync'ing Calendar only items

Open the blackberry desktop software, connect the device, go to sync, options, and outlook, you have the chance to set one way, two ways and more, try and let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaughne

Hi URUMilton...believe me when I tell you I've tried everything.  I noticed in my Device that 1/1/06 - 12/31/06 it HAS the correct recurring B'days and Anniversaries and etc.  My Outlook does not.  I tried to sync to go one-way, FROM Device TO Outlook for those dates and it only gives me the choice of # of days prior to or after today to sync.  I've tried syncing ALL and it just isn't working.  I hate not being able to figure out.  Then I tried to rework it in Outlook and lost all of my Automatic Formatting colors for all appts from 2006-2008.  I'd love to REMOVE all from both, for 2006 and keep 2007-2008, but don't know how.  Any ideas now?  Thank YOU!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RonAnnArbor

Are you syncing anything else on the same computer? iTunes? Any Windows Mobile or Palm devices?  Is hotsync or activesync still on your computer even though you don't use it? If so, make sure you completely remove all traces of Hotsync (Palm) and ActiveSync (WM) as those often mess up your registries. Make sure iTunes is closed while your sync.

Sometimes the only way to really resolve sync issues is to wipe all the data off of your BB and reset it; then fix the calendars and contacts the way you want them on your desktop, then resync it all freshly.

I know it is a complete pain, but sometimes that is the only way to get it to work right. 

If you think you have sync problems, check out the Mac folks who can't sync their Bolds at all at this point. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaughne

Hi RonAnnArbor (we have GREAT friends who live in Ann Arbor and love it!) (I'm in CA), anyway, thank you.  Yes, I'm on hold now with BB Support for a charge, but I don't care have a list of sync'ing problems, (no I don't have any of the other things you asked), strictly a BB girl...so, wish me luck, thank you again for posting!
Please use plain text.